Don't call me the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not the manager, man! Sounds like he's getting his point over before the window begins, so he can exempt himself from any future blame or blemish. Should the window fail to provide the recruitment he wants. Gus is future-proofing himself. :)

Not particularly, like PDC he could well be coming across to most chairman as a gobshite they`d prefer not to work with, I hope Shorts having a word.

If Buckley and bridcutt are the biggest mistakes Poyet makes he'll be the most successful manager we've ever had ..transfer wise. If they were up for sale in January we'd get out money back and more..easily.
This fascination with citing Bridcutt and buckley as a supposed indication of Poyet's transfer incompetence is lost on me.

I think you completely missed the point of that post mate ;)

Maybe he was pointing out that Poyet is distancing himself from transfers, yet we signed Buckey & Bridcutt, two players he'd previously worked with so it's fair to say he probably had some input.

I like Poyet, and genuinely believe he's the right man to try and take us forward. However he doesn't half talk some sh*te at times

"They're not my signings."

I'm sure congerton et Al had been looking at Buckley and Bridcutt for years :rolleyes:. I like Gus but all this shit is putting me off him.

If Buckley and bridcutt are the biggest mistakes Poyet makes he'll be the most successful manager we've ever had ..transfer wise. If they were up for sale in January we'd get out money back and more..easily.
Compare that with the 70m Keane spent in 18 months. Not one player with resale value.
Danny Graham...will cost us to get shot, as did Alf. If fletcher and AJ were up for sale we'd lose money.
This fascination with citing Bridcutt and buckley as a supposed indication of Poyet's transfer incompetence is lost on me.
I think you got the Buckley and Bridcutt names out of context. They were used of examples where he obviously had input.

I like the guy and the way he plays football but his constant moaning and lack of responsibility dont help. Yes we are a good striker away from being in the top half of the table but his job is to coach. He was brought in under that mandate and should publicly support the players he has while geting his message accross behind the scenes with congerton and short. At the end of the day both he and congerton will be judged on the success of the team

Utter garbage - why should he take responsibility for something that impacts his job but he has no (or at least limited) control over?

I was under the impression that he made it clear that he wanted final say on transfers when he was negotiating his contract.

He's doing a canny job and we're well set up defensively, but I don't see evidence of his coaching ability with our attackers. Articles like this, and there have been a few recently, are far too negative. If he wants to be professional he should talk his coaching abilities up and how he is working with AJ, Ricky, Connor, Jack and Jozy to improve their effectiveness in his formation. He should be saying they're young and have potential to grow etc etc and that if a player becomes available who will improve the attack then he'd be interested.

As long as he doesn't mention individuals he'll be fine.
I reckon we might have an idea who he's talking about with his remark about wingers that cannot defend or fall short of the amount of running they need to get through in his system.

I think you completely missed the point of that post mate ;)

Maybe he was pointing out that Poyet is distancing himself from transfers, yet we signed Buckey & Bridcutt, two players he'd previously worked with so it's fair to say he probably had some input.

I like Poyet, and genuinely believe he's the right man to try and take us forward. However he doesn't half talk some sh*te at times
This

I was under the impression that he made it clear that he wanted final say on transfers when he was negotiating his contract.

He's doing a canny job and we're well set up defensively, but I don't see evidence of his coaching ability with our attackers. Articles like this, and there have been a few recently, are far too negative. If he wants to be professional he should talk his coaching abilities up and how he is working with AJ, Ricky, Connor, Jack and Jozy to improve their effectiveness in his formation. He should be saying they're young and have potential to grow etc etc and that if a player becomes available who will improve the attack then he'd be interested.

Logon or register to see this image

Anyone get a bit tired of Poyet's whines? It appears he went on the same at Brighton. I would love Poyet to be a success at Sunderland but I'm getting sick of these sort of moans. He clearly will have input on transfers as is witnessed by Buckley and Bridcutt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30531089

Apologies for the Sebness.

This is a natural tension between a head coach and a general manager. We just aren't used to it in this country.

looked like he was happy being the manager that night on the pitch after we beat West Brom or after we won on pens against man Utd.

He wasn't the manager then and he isn't now

We haven't had a manager since O'Neill

Last edited:
I reckon we might have an idea who he's talking about with his remark about wingers that cannot defend or fall short of the amount of running they need to get through in his system.

Sarcasm mate. As an aside, how many wingers could? The closest one we have to suiting his system is being played in the centre.

Sarcasm mate. As an aside, how many wingers could? The closest one we have to suiting his system is being played in the centre.
In fairness, he was probably relating to our lack of overlapping full backs in a roundabout way with that quote but he could have worded it better. Either way, any winger who is occasionally dropped or regularly hauled off after 75 mins could well have interpreted his remarks the wrong way (or possibly the right way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back