Dennis Skinner to Jeremy Hunt "wipe the smirk off your face"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes indeed. I bet they are finding front bench politics a awful lot tougher than they thought it would be
I doubt it actually. I think it would be shit hard and I've never even stood for a balloon debate, let alone the cut & thrust of politics. As they've been in it most of their adult lives, I suspect they had a clue it wasn't going to be a stroll in the park.

Smashing job so far eh..
They've won Red Rob's respect so not completely futile.

I doubt it actually. I think it would be shit hard and I've never even stood for a balloon debate, let alone the cut & thrust of politics. As they've been in it most of their adult lives, I suspect they had a clue it wasn't going to be a stroll in the park.

They've won Red Rob's respect so not completely futile.

I never remotely suggested they'd think it would be a stroll in the park but given there are major loyalty issues in the party now I wonder if both wished they'd showed some to previous leaders they served under

Those willing to put themselves forward to front bench politics where real good is done. If the house was full of people like Skinner fuck all would get done as no one would be willing to put there chopper on the line
There's probably about 500 MPs who are back benchers. Are they all a waste of space?

I never remotely suggested they'd think it would be a stroll in the park but given there are major loyalty issues in the party now I wonder if both wished they'd showed some to previous leaders they served under
So you basically want MPs who shut up, forget about any principles they might have, and tow the line.

No, but all them aren't put up as demi gods by there fan boys
How many of them are put up as such? Could you name them?

No, but all them aren't put up as demi gods by there fan boys

Because most of them tow the party line and keep their heads down in the hope of hoop licking their way up the chain.

Robert Halfon is a minister without portfolio.

Jacob Rees Mogg isnt.

He seems to have a lot of fans on here, but I think Dennis Skinners effectiveness as an MP can be measured by the fact that very few people take him seriously.

I think you know the people I'm getting at tbf
Would you have a problem if people liked James Purnell or Harriet Harman? Maybe Alan Milburn.

I don't see people worshipping Dennis Skinner. He's also right about Jeremy Hunt.

He seems to have a lot of fans on here, but I think Dennis Skinners effectiveness as an MP can be measured by the fact that very few people take him seriously.
The people in Bolsover seem to

Would you have a problem if people liked James Purnell or Harriet Harman? Maybe Alan Milburn.

I don't see people worshipping Dennis Skinner. He's also right about Jeremy Hunt.

The people in Bolsover seem to
Mate you could put anyone in Bolsover in a red rosette and you'd win. Labour used to take nearly an 80% share of the vote there in to 60's and 70's.

How many of these are put up as demi gods though? I don't just aim this at Skinner but it's easy to criticise and criticise and criticise when your not putting yourself up there to be shot at yourself.

I'd take Alan Johnson over a Dennis Skinner any day of the week
Dennis Skinner, Anthony Wedgwood Benn.... they're all the fcking same.held up as principled men of the people by those gullible enough to fall for the act

Politics needs backbenchers like Skinner. They can't all be chiefs, some have to be Indians. A good constituency MP who stands up to the government is worth just as much as an opposition minister or cabinet minister.
Probably more. A want to be minister would never say that. Those comments need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back