Dennis Skinner to Jeremy Hunt "wipe the smirk off your face"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

What sort of nuggets elect a clown like this to be their MP? Every time you see him he's just making a show of himself, throwing abuse at somebody and forgetting to actually do his job.
And how do you know?
Read in in the Mail no doubt.

What sort of nuggets elect a clown like this to be their MP? Every time you see him he's just making a show of himself, throwing abuse at somebody and forgetting to actually do his job.

He's never missed a parliamentary session in 46 years of being an MP and he's always been the lowest expenses claimer in the house of commons.

I do wish the other MPs were as much of a "clown" as he is.

He's never missed a parliamentary session in 46 years of being an MP and he's always been the lowest expenses claimer in the house of commons.

I do wish the other MPs were as much of a "clown" as he is.

Just turning up counts for nothing, if you aren't going to make a contstructive contribution while you are there. All he does is throw abuse at people - he's all for telling others what he thinks they're doing wrong, but he very rarely follows that up with a suggestion on how he thinks things might be done right. That's the advantage to hiding away from responsibility on the backbenches.

Just turning up counts for nothing, if you aren't going to make a contstructive contribution while you are there. All he does is throw abuse at people - he's all for telling others what he thinks they're doing wrong, but he very rarely follows that up with a suggestion on how he thinks things might be done right. That's the advantage to hiding away from responsibility on the backbenches.
How does he perform for his constituents there mate?

How does he perform for his constituents there mate?

He doesn't - all he does is pipe up with abuse when other people are trying to debate. It's never constructive, he never has a considered solution to suggest/offer. He's an 84 year old career back bencher with 46 years sitting in a very safe seat. He's a clown, not a politician.

All you see on the telly more like, there'll be loads of stuff going on which doesn't make the news, surely you know this?

He doesn't - all he does is pipe up with abuse when other people are trying to debate. It's never constructive, he never has a considered solution to suggest/offer. He's an 84 year old career back bencher with 46 years sitting in a very safe seat. He's a clown, not a politician.
He does nothing for his constituents?

Like what? He's been an MP for 46 years - what are his triumphs in that period?
Do you need newsworthy triumphs to be an effective MP?
Straight as a die and tells too many home truths to get anywhere near the front bench.

Do you need newsworthy triumphs to be an effective MP?
Straight as a die and tells too many home truths to get anywhere near the front bench.

What kind of home truths? All I hear from him is abuse and hyperbole. There's little-to-no substance in any of it. Take the video in the OP here - "get back round the negotiating table and sort it out" is an easy thing to shout, but I don't think he then went on to suggest how the actual sticking points might be worked around. It's not as simple as that and he knows it; but that is a "home truth" which doesn't align itself with his hollow grandstanding. The government promised a seven day NHS in their manifesto, and the people elected them on the back of that manifesto. However, the government are also trying to restore some order to public finances - it would be grossly negligent of them not to do so. On that basis, I'd be very interested to hear that knackers thoughts (if he actually has any) on how both things can be reconciled on a more fair basis than this contract.

I don't think the people elected the government on the back of screwing the junior doctors and I'm not sure what this 7 day NHS means?
I spent 6 weeks in hospital 2 years ago and it seemed to be functioning pretty well then.
It's all ideological what's going on and if you're for that fair enough.

What a surprise, Sweeper railing against someone who disagrees with him

What kind of home truths? All I hear from him is abuse and hyperbole. There's little-to-no substance in any of it. Take the video in the OP here - "get back round the negotiating table and sort it out" is an easy thing to shout, but I don't think he then went on to suggest how the actual sticking points might be worked around. It's not as simple as that and he knows it; but that is a "home truth" which doesn't align itself with his hollow grandstanding. The government promised a seven day NHS in their manifesto, and the people elected them on the back of that manifesto. However, the government are also trying to restore some order to public finances - it would be grossly negligent of them not to do so. On that basis, I'd be very interested to hear that knackers thoughts (if he actually has any) on how both things can be reconciled on a more fair basis than this contract.

You're acting like governments MUST follow manifesto promises

They break them all the time!

What did you think of the youtube video regarding the junior doctor contract changes mate?

Just turning up counts for nothing, if you aren't going to make a contstructive contribution while you are there. All he does is throw abuse at people

Lifted from my post in the last thread about Skinner:

Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs

Has voted in 87.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs

replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.

So speaks more than the average, votes more than the average, replies to constituents more speedily than the average, always works a full day, claims less in expenses than other MPs, never takes a trip paid for by others, refuses to use the subsidised Commons dining room or bar, admired on all sides as a skilled Parliamentarian with an excellent knowledge of the House. Sounds like a good constituency MP, representing his electors in Parliament, doing proper Parliamentary work, and refusing to take the piss.

But, because you see a five second soundbite of him on the telly twice a year, you base your entire view on that.

What did you think of the youtube video regarding the junior doctor contract changes mate?

I thought it was a YouTube video of a parliamentary committee proceeding overlaid with clips from The Thick Of It.

Lifted from my post in the last thread about Skinner:

Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs

Has voted in 87.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs

replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.

So speaks more than the average, votes more than the average, replies to constituents more speedily than the average, always works a full day, claims less in expenses than other MPs, never takes a trip paid for by others, refuses to use the subsidised Commons dining room or bar, admired on all sides as a skilled Parliamentarian with an excellent knowledge of the House. Sounds like a good constituency MP, representing his electors in Parliament, doing proper Parliamentary work, and refusing to take the piss.

But, because you see a five second soundbite of him on the telly twice a year, you base your entire view on that.

Ha spoken in 55 debates? Saying what? All the bloke does is court attention for himself by throwing abuse at other people. Like I said - he very rarely offers any solutions to (what he perceives to be) problems. He's a clown and if every MP behaved like him, nothing would ever get done. He's stealing a living.

Last edited:
Eh? Are you ok mate?

Aye, fine. I just don't understand what you're getting at. If you're suggesting that I should alter my position on a government manifesto policy because of a YouTube video - showing an edited version of a parliamentary committee proceeding overlaid with clips from a satirical comedy show - then I'm afraid that's not going to happen. The problem I'm having is that I can't sensibly believe that you would be suggesting that; but if you aren't, then I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back