Dennis Skinner to Jeremy Hunt "wipe the smirk off your face"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinners antics amuse me and I like his passion. But to be fair, he has made a political career of sniping at all and sundry from the safe position of never having been near the levers of power.

It's easy to do when you do not have to carry the can.

Politics needs backbenchers like Skinner. They can't all be chiefs, some have to be Indians. A good constituency MP who stands up to the government is worth just as much as an opposition minister or cabinet minister.

Skinners antics amuse me and I like his passion. But to be fair, he has made a political career of sniping at all and sundry from the safe position of never having been near the levers of power.

Interesting use of terminology, given the bloke has never used his time as an MP to lasciviously pursue his own personal gain or even abuse his expenses. Maybe he feels that if he had elevated to the front he would have to compromise his principles, something he has never done, ever.

Fair to play to him.

Interesting use of terminology, given the bloke has never used his time as an MP to lasciviously pursue his own personal gain or even abuse his expenses. Maybe he feels that if he had elevated to the front he would have to compromise his principles, something he has never done, ever.

Fair to play to him.

If he'd have spoken with a plumb in his mouth, or had been born into a family of Jewish intellectuals, he would have been leader of the Labour Party.

Fair to play to him.

Yes I thought about that while I was typing it and you're right. Instead of "he has made a political career of" I should have said "his time as a politician has been characterised by mainly".

this

waste of taxpayers cash , should let someone younger have a go rather than seek publicity every 5 mins

Fair to play to him.
He'll have done just fine. With or without expenses.

Fair to play to him.

He is a massive hypocrite though, so he does have a lot in common with the other MPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back