Dennis Skinner to Jeremy Hunt "wipe the smirk off your face"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, fine. I just don't understand what you're getting at. If you're suggesting that I should alter my position on a government manifesto policy because of a YouTube video - showing an edited version of a parliamentary committee proceeding overlaid with clips from a satirical comedy show - then I'm afraid that's not going to happen. The problem I'm having is that I can't sensibly believe that you would be suggesting that; but if you aren't, then I'm not sure what you're getting at.
So you saw nothing concerning about the government's position regarding the implementation of the new junior doctor contracts or how they planned on rolling out the 7 day NHS after watching any of it? Fair enough. Just wondered why you'd avoided commenting on it after being asked regularly over the last 2 weeks. Which bits gave you confidence in what they were trying to do?

Ha spoken in 55 debates? Saying what? All the bloke does is court attention for himself by throwing abuse at other people.

How do you know that, because you've seen what - a couple of jokey comments by him a year that get reported on TV? Or do you know what his contributions were to the other debates? Many MPs can't be bothered to turn up to enough debates to vote and speak as often as Skinner.

He's a clown and if every MP behaved like him, nothing would ever get done. He's stealing a living.

He's a good constituency MP who works hard for his constituents. If every MP behaved like him, Parliament would be doing a better job of working for the people who elect it.

How do you know that, because you've seen what - a couple of jokey comments by him a year that get reported on TV? Or do you know what his contributions were to the other debates? Many MPs can't be bothered to turn up to enough debates to vote and speak as often as Skinner.

He's a good constituency MP who works hard for his constituents. If every MP behaved like him, Parliament would be doing a better job of working for the people who elect it.
Do you not feel like you're in that Reeves and Mortimer sketch where they're trying to open the car doors but are jammed in by tree trunks HaHa!

There is a bigger issue here than just Hunt on his phone.

What about the fact that NHS bursaries are being debated, the lifeline of keeping homegrown healthcare workers in the NHS. Look at the amount of green benches you can see, where are all the politicians for this debate??? This is a bigger issue than Hunt on his phone. This is more significant than the issue of junior doctors, think about the amount of healthcare workers additional that need training/education/recruiting into positions. No bursaries mean a reduction in homegrown staff, leading to the need for more recruitment abroad etc.

Yet, the media have found themselves a scapegoat and the focus of this important debate is somebody on their mobile phone Absolutely criminal from all parties, not just Hunt.

There is a bigger issue here than just Hunt on his phone.

What about the fact that NHS bursaries are being debated, the lifeline of keeping homegrown healthcare workers in the NHS. Look at the amount of green benches you can see, where are all the politicians for this debate??? This is a bigger issue than Hunt on his phone. This is more significant than the issue of junior doctors, think about the amount of healthcare workers additional that need training/education/recruiting into positions. No bursaries mean a reduction in homegrown staff, leading to the need for more recruitment abroad etc.

Yet, the media have found themselves a scapegoat and the focus of this important debate is somebody on their mobile phone Absolutely criminal from all parties, not just Hunt.
Don't worry. They'll all be there posturing for the cameras attention in the next PMQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back