Christmas film countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bishop's Wife is a good un.

Remade more recently with Denzel and Whitney as The Preacher's Wife. Obviously not as good.

Our lass loves schmaltzy chick flicks and loves The Holiday. I don't like it.

Can't believe no-ones mentioned White Christmas yet. My favourite and we saw a theatre play version of it a few years ago which was class. At the end they dropped fake snow from the ceiling throughout the theatre during the finale.

And it is NOT a remake of Holiday Inn, which is mean spirited and dull. At one point Fred Astaire tries to foil hos mate Bing's ambitions of a quiet life by shagging his bird. I guess they'd never heard of 'bros before hoes' in the 1940s!

The Bishop's Wife is a good un.

Remade more recently with Denzel and Whitney as The Preacher's Wife. Obviously not as good.

Our lass loves schmaltzy chick flicks and loves The Holiday. I don't like it.

Can't believe no-ones mentioned White Christmas yet. My favourite and we saw a theatre play version of it a few years ago which was class. At the end they dropped fake snow from the ceiling throughout the theatre during the finale.

And it is NOT a remake of Holiday Inn, which is mean spirited and dull. At one point Fred Astaire tries to foil hos mate Bing's ambitions of a quiet life by shagging his bird. I guess they'd never heard of 'bros before hoes' in the 1940s!
I didn't mention White Christmas as it was a bloke asking for recommendations. :lol: I love it and recently discovered that Vera-Ellen who always wore high necks or chokers, did this as she was anorexic and believed her neck looked scraggy! I'm half way through watching Holiday Inn myself! Never seen it before apart from the White Christmas clip.

:lol: as you do !!!!

gutted :( ;)

ps you'd be sick if you saw what Im watching on channel 5 at the minute, its more sickly than the waltons with syrup on, widowed mother with crippled child finds happiness in a xmas hat shop naturally with the bosses son (where is the being sick emoji when you need it)

I watched that anarl!

Mind I liked the one before it, Mrs Miracle, but that's because of the Golden Girl in it.

I didn't mention White Christmas as it was a bloke asking for recommendations. :lol: I love it and recently discovered that Vera-Ellen who always wore high necks or chokers, did this as she was anorexic and believed her neck looked scraggy! I'm half way through watching Holiday Inn myself! Never seen it before apart from the White Christmas clip.

Aye and she wasn't a very good singer either so Clooney sang her parts and was dubbed in. She looks painfully skinny in the fillum. Astaire was supposed to be in this one as well but I can't remember why he didn't do it. Danny Kaye is brilliant as usual. I love his weaselly bits like when he takes his arm out the sling to shake hands with Bing in the hospital tent, or how he tries to sly out of the blame for giving the girls the train tickets.

Another off beat Christmassy fillum is Stalag 17.

I really love the bit when Rick Grimes confesses his undying love for that little boy Bob Dylan style.

If you're after something a bit off key but utterly brilliant try Rare Exports: a Christmas tale

It's not one for kids

It's like the goonies meets John carpenters The Thing

Watched it tonight.......thank you anyway but it was terrible

Watched Deck The Halls yesterday starring Danny Devito and Matthew Broderick, it was okay to have on in the background and contained a few laughs but in the main it was gash like, give it a steer ! :lol:.

I've got Die Hard lined up for tomorrow night. Plus, it's a fitting tribute for Alan Rickman. I watched Gremlins for the first time in years and I can't remember noticing the links to It's a Wonderful Life and Invasion of the body snatchers before! Still a decent watch.

I haven't seen Gremlins in years! Will add it to the Xmas list, as long as the gaffer okays it. :)

I was sad to see Hans Gruber leave the process, it must be said.

Logon or register to see this image

Who is that? I remember being at a quiz once and the question was what was the name Hans Gruber says he's called when pretending to be an employee at the company. Bill Clay - I think! :lol:

One of the Apprentice contestants. Only I seen to have noticed the likeness. :( :lol:

Aye, you nailed it. I bet the way to your heart is to promise to be sitting on a beach with you, earning 20%. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back