CC D1: Surrey v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

If much prefer to see Batty get twatted. :lol:

Last ball of the session, see it out lads, Ansari to Burnham - SIX!!

That's how the lad rolls. 149-2 at Tea.

I too, would like to see Batty twatted. All over London. Vile cretin that he is.

Would people on here settle for 300-4 at Close?

Last edited:
Last ball of the session, see it out lads, Ansari to Burnham - SIX!!

That's how the lad rolls. 149-2 at Tea.

I too, would like to see Batty twatted. All over London. Vile cretin that he is.

Would people on here settle for 300-4 at Close?
Can't disagree with that.

I really really really dislike her.

I know what you mean, but I don't quite agree, about your own perspective I guess. I still see Rocky as someone just getting into his strides, I know his average isn't great, but I almost don't count the first few years of his career, as IMO he wasn't good enough, in and out of the side. I almost see him as a 25-26 year old in terms of development if that makes sense, bit of a late bloomer.

In agree with that logic. Jimmy Anderson is good example of that - his bowling average was 35plus for the first third of his test career and around 25 since. People often point to the huge difference between his average and say dale Steyn's but over the last 50 tests or so it isn't very much.

What that has to do his Surrey v Durham I don't know.

Game status has changed from rain delay to bad light, so possibly a quick resumption if the sun breaks through.

In agree with that logic. Jimmy Anderson is good example of that - his bowling average was 35plus for the first third of his test career and around 25 since. People often point to the huge difference between his average and say dale Steyn's but over the last 50 tests or so it isn't very much.

What that has to do his Surrey v Durham I don't know.

the other argument is of course rocky bats half his innings at CLS where 31.98 is worth at least 15k

Just came up on the BBC Live Scores page.

As for the game, seems like a third consecutive game where we're playing for bonus points. With Stokes, Collingwood, Richardson and Pringle to come I'm confident we can get beyond 300, then avoiding the follow on. If we achieve that, bizarrely we'd probably be better placed to win it than Surrey. Draw has to be favourite though, if we avoid the follow-on.

Just came up on the BBC Live Scores page.

As for the game, seems like a third consecutive game where we're playing for bonus points. With Stokes, Collingwood, Richardson and Pringle to come I'm confident we can get beyond 300, then avoiding the follow on. If we achieve that, bizarrely we'd probably be better placed to win it than Surrey. Draw has to be favourite though, if we avoid the follow-on.

fingers crossed as always

Report on cricinfo: Andrew Miller - biased bastard http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2016/content/story/1007261.html?object=946821

Upper hand? Id say it's very even.

with runs on the board i'd say they have the upper hand. they're 300 runs ahead, we need another 150 to even avoid the follow on [and due to all the stoppages if they did skittle us tomorrow they'd be fine to enforce it which isn't usually the case]

would much rather be them right now, always confident in our attack to get wickets, and likewise always wary of our batting line up to collapse.

with runs on the board i'd say they have the upper hand. they're 300 runs ahead, we need another 150 to even avoid the follow on [and due to all the stoppages if they did skittle us tomorrow they'd be fine to enforce it which isn't usually the case]

would much rather be them right now, always confident in our attack to get wickets, and likewise always wary of our batting line up to collapse.

I'd rather be in their position for sure, but the whole piece just stinks of blatant southern bias. Is the bloke Surrey's local reporter?

It's very even and at this moment you can't possibly say who's on top. It'll be much clearer as tomorrow progresses but for now I'd call it stalemate - especially given how flat the pitch is, which was alluded to by Surrey's Foakes.

I'd rather be in their position for sure, but the whole piece just stinks of blatant southern bias. Is the bloke Surrey's local reporter?

It's very even and at this moment you can't possibly say who's on top. It'll be much clearer as tomorrow progresses but for now I'd call it stalemate - especially given how flat the pitch is, which was alluded to by Surrey's Foakes.

well now i've read that piece.. i wish i hadn't bothered. toilet. would love a job like that.

"Shaved pitch at both ends " no wonder our seamers found the going hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back