CC D1: Surrey v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

we can't even get the umpires on the pitch at durham

Ha ha ha, don't start that one again!!!!

Seriously though, why weren't they on at 10am with more overs possible at the end of the day also? Surely with the season starting so early you have to expect to lose a bit of time so have earlier starts available to make time up on the good days. It's playing havoc with my Fantasy League I know that much.

Early days but I actually think the toss thing is having a positive effect. Granted this may not help Durham, but even in this game if Surrey prepare a turner, they still only have a 50/50 chance of winning a toss, so could easily go the other way.

For me I am just please to see the likes of Rocky and Jennings getting a chance to bat on decent early season wickets without worrying where the next unplayable ball is coming from. It is up to us to get our spin department sorted as we can no longer rely on our seamers nibbling it all over. I spoke to a couple of the players last week who said the Riverside is actually as flat as it comes this season. Makes you wonder whether we deliberately played on real green seamers the past few years, especially given the new groundsman has it so good within a year. Not complaining as we have had so much success, but looking from the outside it may be a good thing for cricket, and our up and coming batsmen. I'm sure Jack Burnham has more chance of making it with these new toss regulations
Good post
Instead of mucking about with the toss to try and flatten pitches, I'd have much rather seen more Champo games played during the middle of summer. Durham have 10 CC games in April, May and September ( that's counting 1 that starts 31st August) and only 1 in June and 2 in July, just at the time of the season when spinners would be playing a big part.

With all the hours lost the past couple of days throughout the Championship, why aren't teams on the pitch earlier making time up (where playable)?

Because the ECB playing regulations are a pile of wank and they don't allow lost time to be made up on following days. Pathetic.

201-2. Top order performing again :eek:

Borthwick hooks Pillans for SIX!! Church on commentary sounds f***ing gutted. 100 partnership, keep it going lads :p.

218-2.

Burnham 52* from 84 balls with 4 fours and 2 sixes.

Get in lad!! Now dig in and make it a ton :cool:.

Last edited:
Question posed, for stat kings, when was the last time all four of Durham's top four have passed 50? In a Championship game?

Not counting University shite.

Durham 231-2.

Burnham 68*, highest FC score for him.

254-2. 132 partnership and a second batting point :cool:.

Last edited:
Borthwick triggered despite halfway down the track and playing a shot.

Billy Taylor, c*nt left his finger in the dressing room on Sunday morning.

263-3, 45 needed to avoid the follow on. Ha'way Ben lad. Leave an impression :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back