CC D1: Surrey v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a question which should be directed to [email protected] which is what I'm about to do. And the more that ask them that question the more likely we'll get a response.
And the response is
"We do not make up time prior to start of play in Test matches even in this country for reasons of weather and PR,we need people to have a certainty on what time a game is starting.
Kind regards
Karen "
Impeccable logic!

And the response is
"We do not make up time prior to start of play in Test matches even in this country for reasons of weather and PR,we need people to have a certainty on what time a game is starting.
Kind regards
Karen "
Impeccable logic!

Well done on the Q&A Parkside.

As for the answer - that's absolutely f***ing idiotic. Every other Test playing nation have flexibility and besides, with social media and modern communication - any change of start time would be very easy to publicise.

As for the weather - WHAT?!

Plenty of times the weather has been fine all morning, good for cricket from as early as 0800 (not that I'm suggesting starting then) and suddenly at 10:45 it pisses down.

British Summer Time gives playable light for about 12 hours. From 0800-2000. Sometimes longer.

Last edited:
Yorkies not looking as dominant so far mind

Especially with Bairstow disappears

Yorkies not looking as dominant so far mind

Especially with Bairstow disappears
A bit early maybe. Their problem seems to be bowling and being without Sidebottom and Bresnan. Bresnan is on his way back but I don't know about Sidebottom.

A bit early maybe. Their problem seems to be bowling and being without Sidebottom and Bresnan. Bresnan is on his way back but I don't know about Sidebottom.

The top order keeps failing too like, Ballance looks out of form, Lyth can't get a score since that 100. They keep finding ways to draw mind, its admirable

Bell in at 7 for Warks, granted its effectively 6 because they had a Nightwatchman, but is that a result of his hamstring injury? Meaning he spent considerable time off the field?

Bell in at 7 for Warks, granted its effectively 6 because they had a Nightwatchman, but is that a result of his hamstring injury? Meaning he spent considerable time off the field?

Yeah hamstring twinge apparently, awful timing for him mind,pretty sure he will be number 5 in the test side, as Ballance looks well out of form.

QUOTE="Parkside, post: 22874922, member: 31172"]And the response is"We do not make up time prior to start of play in Test matches even in this country for reasons of weather and PR,we need people
to have a certainty on what time a game is starting.

Kind regards
Karen "
Impeccable logic![/QUOTE]

At least you got a reply Parkside. Well done. Not heard a dickie bird from them, although if that's the best they can come up with I'm pleased they haven't bothered.

The two reasons she's given for this not taking place are the exact reason that they should be the f***ing idiot.

Surely PR would be improved by attempting to fit all overs of play during the time periods available (extended or not). People are not imbeciles, they will check to see if there's an earlier start if overs have been lost during previous sessions, especially if somebody had a mad idea like putting this fact on the ticket / membership books / cards.

Clubs could even go really mad and update people via their websites, twatter, facebook and local/national news outlets. Now that would really be using PR effectively instead of using it as an excuse not to do something and hide behind.

Wouldn't like to put a figure on what that person will be paid to come back with a reply like that.

QUOTE="Parkside, post: 22874922, member: 31172"]And the response is"We do not make up time prior to start of play in Test matches even in this country for reasons of weather and PR,we need people
to have a certainty on what time a game is starting.

Kind regards
Karen "
Impeccable logic!

At least you got a reply Parkside. Well done. Not heard a dickie bird from them, although if that's the best they can come up with I'm pleased they haven't bothered.

The two reasons she's given for this not taking place are the exact reason that they should be the f***ing idiot.

Surely PR would be improved by attempting to fit all overs of play during the time periods available (extended or not). People are not imbeciles, they will check to see if there's an earlier start if overs have been lost during previous sessions, especially if somebody had a mad idea like putting this fact on the ticket / membership books / cards.

Clubs could even go really mad and update people via their websites, twatter, facebook and local/national news outlets. Now that would really be using PR effectively instead of using it as an excuse not to do something and hide behind.

Wouldn't like to put a figure on what that person will be paid to come back with a reply like that.[/QUOTE]
The reply has served it's purpose- it's guaranteed I won't bother to contact them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back