CC D1: Surrey v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starting Sunday.

First glance at the weather shows this may be another difficult game to force a result from. Twinned with how flat pitches generally are at The Oval it could be another quest for bonus points.

Expect an unchanged lineup, Coughlin must be close to a recall but I would imagine his best bet is taking Stokes' slot once he joins the Test side. They may look at Carse, he could be rotated for a rest with Arshad coming in.

Hopefully the batsmen can continue their good early season form (and Borthwick can find some).

The bowlers probably won't be relishing the thought of bowling at Sangakarra on a road, plus he's always been a thorn in our side in the Championship.

It's probably a case of must not lose, rather than must win.

Odds: Surrey 4/6, Durham 6/5.

Randhawa being considered for the squad too according to the Echo.

Last edited:

Aye, I wondered on that Randhawa thing. Would they really go into the match with three spinners? But it does say that after having given him a development contract they want to introduce him to first class cricket.

Wickets have been pretty flat looking around at scores. If Stokes plays they could maybe slot the extra spinner in with 3 seamers +Colly in the side.

Two good teams, lets hope the weather doesn't spoil this one.

Sangakarra the big wicket obviously.

Footitt & Rampaul with early season wickets.

Guessing one of the Currans will be playing too?

I'm not surprised, Weighell seemed to be going well in the seconds and from what I saw from the Somerset match Arshad was disappointing.

Yeah agree with this, I think the seconds look a decent XI, its not ideal, but we do have some options to change it up, although we are lacking a senior bowler.

I'd be resting the main 2 in the short stuff as much as possible, as CC survival is priority for me. others, and the club, may prioritise the short stuff who knows

Thank fuck for Durham by the way, keeps me sane with the SAFC stuff.

Notts v Yorkshire also on Radio tomorrow. I had hoped the Beeb would broadcast a different game seeing how that's on telly, but then they're not obliged to give any fuck what Sky are doing. Rightly so.

Footitt has a side strain.

Could be a long day for our bowlers. Lost the toss and no doubt heads immediately dropped. Expect the pitch to be similar to the A1.

85-1.

f***ing GET IN THERE!!!

Sangakkara b Carse 26.

91-2.

So that's Sam Robson and Kumar Sangakara that this kid has bowled in the last week. Not f***ing bad at all.

Last edited:
111-2 at lunch, sounds like another placid track, both sides wanted to bat.

It's probably a case of must not lose, rather than must win.

areet sam

Aye, I wondered on that Randhawa thing. Would they really go into the match with three spinners? But it does say that after having given him a development contract they want to introduce him to first class cricket.

not really sure borthwick counts as a spinner these days tbf

wicket needed badly here like harinath and davies look very well set.

davies always does well against us, century looming here imo

Last edited:
450-8 across all 3 1st div games so far, I really hope the season doesn't play out into a series of high scoring bore draws.

450-8 across all 3 1st div games so far, I really hope the season doesn't play out into a series of high scoring bore draws.

early days obviously but rushy's numbers are a little worrying - especially when viewed in the context of [and correct me if i'm wrong here] but he looks alot bigger, lost alot of weight during his year of the booze but it looks to have crept back - this is just off the video highlights so as i say, correct me if i am wrong and hopefully i am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back