Burkini patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can't currently go to the beach because the government are trying to avoid dozens more people being murdered. They should just take it on the chin. The French could very possibly have had some Intel or found evidence about this type of attack being likely to happen this summer.

its picking an easy target to scapegoat

and anyway they would get the explosives wet in the water

Wasn't sure whether this should be on the regular SMB or the politics bit but I guess the mods can move it if they like.

People seem to think I'm right wing on here, which is probably fair enough. But what I'm not is totalitarian or particularly authoritarian. This Burkini patrol being carried out on French beaches by teams of policemen is making me rather uncomfortable. Surely this is the opposite of what the free west is supposed to be like.

Whilst I have many, many qualms with Islam and it's place in the west (and even certain Islamic wear, going round in squads like bully boys telling perfectly peaceful women to change their clothes is surely wrong and a complete imposition on freedoms.

Just wondering if anyone else is as disturbed about this as I am or whether you good people think this is a reasonable response to recent events on the continent?

There are many issues around culture and immigration and many different ways one might approach the problem. Without fail the French approach is to say "What would a bunch of complete wankers do if they wanted to needlessly put everyone's backs up?" then do that.

I'd imagine the resolve has hardened since Paris, rightly or wrongly, the French as always will do their own thing in stuff like this it's not like they give a fuck what anyone else thinks anyway

its picking an easy target to scapegoat

and anyway they would get the explosives wet in the water
I'm sure the government aren't just doing this through spite and to piss Muslims off.

They're trying to stop a terror attack, whilst there's no bombs go off on a French beach this summer then you can't really fault their strategy. If a woman in normal clothes hides one in a bag and detonates it then they'd deserve pelters, but that hasn't happened. They must have received credible info about this type of attack being possible. We'd never know.

Would I have chose to ban the Burkini? No. It's not a security issue, nor does it obscure the face - so the (valid) arguments regarding banning the Burkha don't really apply here. Can't really get my head round this policy tbh

Mind you I'll never understand why the most militant of feminists crumble in the face of Islam, and prefer to defend the right of those who choose to wear it - rather than the many who are instructed to by their husband.

I guess it comes down to which you think is more important....
Because nothing says "let's stop he oppression of women" like forcing a woman to remove her clothes in public.

It does'nt strike me as a difficult problem to overcome. Just have a "Muslim only" section on the beach. There are some in France that have a nudist section smack in the middle of the normal bods. If people are concerned about the danger of the possibility of a bomb being concealed, the life guards could mark out a bomb blast radius in the sand. The normal bods could then make their own judgement about how close to get to it. Easy this beach management lark.

Don't understand why the French are only picking on them.

Surfers and divers in full body wet suits are still allowed on the beach. My medication makes my skin sensitive and more at risk of skin cancers, so I wore long floaty dresses to keep the sun off my skin on holiday. I'd be allowed to wear those on the beach. Nuns in full habits are allowed on the beach. Lady in a burkini, nope banned because you're a Muslim. It's kind of worrying considering they're probably all just normal women wanting to spend time having fun on the beach with their families.

There's no way you could conceal a bomb in a wetsuit to be fair.

It does'nt strike me as a difficult problem to overcome. Just have a "Muslim only" section on the beach. There are some in France that have a nudist section smack in the middle of the normal bods. If people are concerned about the danger of the possibility of a bomb being concealed, the life guards could mark out a bomb blast radius in the sand. The normal bods could then make their own judgement about how close to get to it. Easy this beach management lark.
They've already got one, it's called 'f***ing off back to the middle east' they can all be as Muslim as they like there

Sunderland supporters and nuns haven't got previous for having bombs hidden under their floaty dresses or habits. These women not being allowed to wear Burkinis are being punished for other people's actions, but we currently live in scary times.

Some people can't get into a nightclub because they're labelled a thug because of hair loss or tattoos, some Muslim's can't currently go to the beach in their preferred swimwear. There's other places to go.

I don't think it's an anti terrorism issue. More a drive to secularise France.

Wasn't sure whether this should be on the regular SMB or the politics bit but I guess the mods can move it if they like.

People seem to think I'm right wing on here, which is probably fair enough. But what I'm not is totalitarian or particularly authoritarian. This Burkini patrol being carried out on French beaches by teams of policemen is making me rather uncomfortable. Surely this is the opposite of what the free west is supposed to be like.

Whilst I have many, many qualms with Islam and it's place in the west (and even certain Islamic wear, going round in squads like bully boys telling perfectly peaceful women to change their clothes is surely wrong and a complete imposition on freedoms.

Just wondering if anyone else is as disturbed about this as I am or whether you good people think this is a reasonable response to recent events on the continent?
Makes me uncomfortable too. I think it's fair enough if you want to stop people covering their face and the same rule applies to everyone but this seems like an excuse to make innocent people into criminals.

In addition, if they're trying to stop terrorists, this won't work as killing infidels instantly removes your sins, so you find islamic terrorists getting pissed and going to strip clubs ahead of an attack. I think this will have the opposite effect.

You will get some abuse for that marra mind.
Why?

If you don't want to integrate with western culture, why come here?

If I came round to your house and you told me to take my shoes off, and I didn't, you'd have every right to send me packing.

Why?

If I came round to your house and you told me to take my shoes off, and I didn't, you'd have every right to send me packing.
And what does western culture look like when it comes to swimwear exactly?

Wear as little as possible in order to prove how unoppressed you are, please ladies, and we'll tell you if we think you're wearing too much and force you to remove it?

Doesn't forcing women to wear certain things depending on what the government say they should sound a bit, well, Islamist?

Why?

I 100% agree mate but there are a huge amount of far left nut jobs on here that feel we need to bend over backwards for them. Most of them are from London oddly enough.

I 100% agree mate but there are a huge amount of far left nut jobs on here that feel we need to bend over backwards for them.
I'm more of a liberal.

And what does western culture look like when it comes to swimwear exactly?

Wear as little as possible in order to prove how unoppressed you are, please ladies, and we'll tell you if we think you're wearing too much and force you to remove it?

Doesn't forcing women to wear certain things depending on what the government say they should sound a bit, well, Islamist?
Nah lets all just let Allah decide what we should wear.

It's a slippery slope.

Shariah law in schools next

I'm more of a liberal.

Nah lets all just let Allah decide what we should wear.

It's a slippery slope.

Shariah law in schools next
So if you're saying they should go back to the other countries that force them to wear a certain thing, why are we better than those countries? Is it because we force them to wear fewer clothes? Which is right? Forcing a woman to wear fewer, or more clothes?

Or is it that we should let women make their own choices?

I'm sure the government aren't just doing this through spite and to piss Muslims off.

They're trying to stop a terror attack, whilst there's no bombs go off on a French beach this summer then you can't really fault their strategy. If a woman in normal clothes hides one in a bag and detonates it then they'd deserve pelters, but that hasn't happened. They must have received credible info about this type of attack being possible. We'd never know.

It's not the French government that's doing it. It's a few local Mayors, in about three or four local authorities. Who presumably aren't top of the list for the DGSE to share their intelligence with.

So if you're saying they should go back to the other countries that force them to wear a certain thing, why are we better than those countries? Is it because we force them to wear fewer clothes? Which is right? Forcing a woman to wear fewer, or more clothes?

Or is it that we should let women make their own choices?
Because we are more liberal here, we eat pork for starters, sing songs, drink beer.

If all of the above offend you you should fuck right off imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back