Burkini patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the rules that *are* the same, why are they interpreted differently by the different religions?

I've been over this multiple times and there are many reasons why.

Take your pick from:

In Christianity the message of jesus superceded that of the old testament.

Christianity has also undergone a reformation.

You say jesus is one of the most important prophets of islam. In doing that you overlook one massive point. Mohammad is THE main prophet of islam. God's final message was revealed to him (so muslims believe). His messages supercedes jesus' message. You also need to understand mohammed only said jesus was a prophet of islam to get christians interested in his preachings.

Also, look at the rules that cause all of the problems in Islam - killing infidels and spreading the word by the sword. They aren't in Christianity.

I've been over this multiple times and there are many reasons why.

Take your pick from:

In Christianity the message of jesus superceded that of the old testament.

Christianity has also undergone a reformation.

You say jesus is one of the most important prophets of islam. In doing that you overlook one massive point. Mohammad is THE main prophet of islam. God's final message was revealed to him (so muslims believe). His messages supercedes jesus' message. You also need to understand mohammed only said jesus was a prophet of islam to get christians interested in his preachings.

Also, look at the rules that cause all of the problems in Islam - killing infidels and spreading the word by the sword. They aren't in Christianity.
We're never going to agree on this so I'll just say this and leave it be:

A) yes The new superseded the Old Testament but some Christians still quote from the old to deny Gay rights and the like.

B) Christianity has undergone a reformation, but the rules haven't. The words in the bible are the same, and still say the bad stuff about killing people, having slaves, raping and killing women, as well as killing infidels (Deuteronomy 13) etc but people now choose to interpret those rules or ignore them. In the same way that some Muslims choose to ignore some of the bad shit in the Quran. Perhaps not as many, I'll grant you but there are still shades of interpretation.

C) for me, blaming the book takes it away from blaming the fuckwits who do the interpreting. By not putting it on the twats who do the killing but by saying "the book tells them to do it" it's almost like absolving them of blame. I know you're not really doing that, but that's kind of the result. The book and the rules are just words and I think the human race should be able to interpret words in a way that doesn't harm others without being able to have a scapegoat in a bunch of words. If Christians can interpret the rules in the Bible that by your own admission earlier are also in the Quran (the OT is part of the Quran) then how can it be the rules? It must be the
who do the killing and the oppressing. I don't blame Christianity for Christian Arseholes who say the bible says they should kill gays and therefore I dont blame Islsm for the same. I blame the Arseholes.

Like I said we both have very different views on this. We're not going to agree on this thread or any others.

Some are similar, many are very different. Look at the teachings of Mohammad and jesus - they are polar opposites. You cannot deny that.

Because the rules aren't the same in both books. If they were they'd be the same book ffs.

No thanks

I know they're not to be trusted, I don't need brainwashing clouding my views

By not putting it on the twats who do the killing but by saying "the book tells them to do it" it's almost like absolving them of blame
Not really. They are indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing the book is the infallible word of God. And who do we blame for that? The people who indoctrinated them - and then we blame the people before who also indoctrinated them until we go all the way back to the founding of the religion to mohammed and his gang of cranks.

The books of islam are harmless when being read by an atheist - in the hands of a believer they are very dangerous.

the OT is part of the Quran
No its not - it's part of Islamic doctrine but not part of the quran.

Yes, I'm being pedantic.

I don't blame Christianity for Christian Arseholes who say the bible says they should kill gays
I do, because that's what it says. How can you not blame Christianity if it's written down in its holy book?

Last edited:
And so they would (Brevik), but the next question is should other Christians have to be tarred with the brush of the murdering organisation?

If you read the quote earlier (Deuteronomy, 13:6) then the Bible says you should be condemned to death for apostasy. So technically you haven't had a "proper" Christian upbringing, because that's not what the Bible teaches. In the same way that we're saying that if because the Quran says infidels should be killed, it's unislamic to believe otherwise.

Both holy books are full of shit. Some people choose to follow their holy books more strictly than others, in both religions - some Christians want to kill gays, don't believe in abortion, some Muslims don't wear veils, don't fast and they drink.
The difference being in the west we had the enlightenment where philosophers and poets etc questioned the bible, Islam has not and never will question the barbaric teachings of their prophet. One more thing about Islam is that no Islamic state has followed secularism in its 1500 year history.

I wouldn't want the UK to go down this route. We tolerate religion in all forms and I think most of us value that highly.Equally I wouldn't criticise the French for enacting laws with the general consent as appears to be the case here. Different culture & society which strongly favours secularism & if people there feel its a necessary law, they are fully entitled to do this. There are different values and cultures in countries separated by just 20 odd miles of channel and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though while I have nothing against Islam as a whole. If you goto a Muslim country, you have to obey their laws, with regard to dressing in public.

Are the apologists out again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back