Anyone got their refund yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Royston was refunded for the last match he attended, there'd be a postal order for 2/6d plopping through the letter box.(is Dads letterbox mind)
Cheeky get :lol:

Oh...and to answer my original question (just been to ticket ofice) you need to have the card you bought the tickets on for the refund. Cash is given only if you paid in cash.

Last edited:
I disagree, it was the right decision, you lost 8-0, eight! That is completely unacceptable for any professional football team IMO. Even San Marino, a team full of bakers and firefighters, kept England down to five. And you are forced to pay because it's your side, you can't just switch team, they have a responsibility to fans to always try their best (and they have admitted they didnt) and not take the piss which they did.

Then it's up to people to decide want to do with their own money or which charity is closest to that persons heart.
You are not forced to pay, u choose to pay

If you went to the game, you got exactly what you paid for - a football match (albeit one we didn't play very well in).

I think the club acknowledging the shite performance is good, and the charity thing is nice. If it was me though, I wouldn't ask for my money back for the simple reason I just think it's a bit soft. We got beat. Badly, yes, but that happens. ALL Sunderland fans had to live with the indignity of that result. Personally, I was more upset with the 5-1 - I found that much more humiliating.

Where's the cut off point for refunds? Is it because of the distance? I flew from Dubai to London for the QPR match, we got beat, am I entitled to a refund? Of course not. I still met my mates, had a few drinks, a good day out (apart from the result), which is par for the course when you watch Sunderland away. Does getting a refund make the result any more palatable? I think as fans, we invest so much more than money, and we do it for love/madness/whatever. I'm not passing judgement on those who did, by the way - but refund or not, we still got beat 8-0.

It was a good gesture by the players to refund the tickets, they put in a bad performance and didn't even "try" to get a goal or shut up shop after 3 or 4. I don't see the problem in the refund, if it was at home then fair enough but the fact people paid alot of money to travel down there to witness that shite then they should get their money back. Where do you draw the line? You use common sense in different situations not apply it to all cases.

Whatever...ffs learn to type long words man :lol:
Don't come over all clever to cover up the fact that's you who being the troll here.

If you went to the game, you got exactly what you paid for - a football match (albeit one we didn't play very well in).

I think the club acknowledging the shite performance is good, and the charity thing is nice. If it was me though, I wouldn't ask for my money back for the simple reason I just think it's a bit soft. We got beat. Badly, yes, but that happens. ALL Sunderland fans had to live with the indignity of that result. Personally, I was more upset with the 5-1 - I found that much more humiliating.

Where's the cut off point for refunds? Is it because of the distance? I flew from Dubai to London for the QPR match, we got beat, am I entitled to a refund? Of course not. I still met my mates, had a few drinks, a good day out (apart from the result), which is par for the course when you watch Sunderland away. Does getting a refund make the result any more palatable? I think as fans, we invest so much more than money, and we do it for love/madness/whatever. I'm not passing judgement on those who did, by the way - but refund or not, we still got beat 8-0.
It costs me around £150 quid to do a home match. I haven't seen us win since Burnley in the Championship. It's Sod's law that I get the duff games.

Last edited:
I paid for my ticket therefore the money no longer belong to me, it belongs to the club, the players decided to refund the money, which is coming from their wages, so it isnt my money if anything its the players money and they decided to refund the fans or donate to charity, personally the charity can have it because i still would have been at Southampton had a wizard appeared the night before and told me what the score was going to be, not because i wanted to whinge and stamp my feet about getting my money back, but because i love my club and would pay on the surface of the sun to watch them play

that was Southampton in a nutshell, was a class day, anyone on the buses back will tell you that...unless they were on ALS
Hey nothing wrong with als

3 of us went.
If we'd won 8-0 I wouldn't expect to give a bonus payment for my ticket.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore
This post is absolutely pathetic.

3 of us went.
If we'd won 8-0 I wouldn't expect to give a bonus payment for my ticket.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore

I completely agree with this. Boo hoo we lost, get over it!!

I've sent them a bill for every game I ever attended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back