Anyone got their refund yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm am a decent human being, who won't be made to feel guilty by of a bunch of internet trolls.
3 of us went.
If we'd won 8-0 I wouldn't expect to give a bonus payment for my ticket.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore

3 of us went.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore

Feel free. I have no idea who you are and you don't know me.

You pay money to watch a football match not knowing what the score is going to be, nobody forces u to pay, so the money should goto charity, or next time we hammer sumbofy u pay double ur ticket fee!

I disagree, it was the right decision, you lost 8-0, eight! That is completely unacceptable for any professional football team IMO. Even San Marino, a team full of bakers and firefighters, kept England down to five. And you are forced to pay because it's your side, you can't just switch team, they have a responsibility to fans to always try their best (and they have admitted they didnt) and not take the piss which they did.

Then it's up to people to decide want to do with their own money or which charity is closest to that persons heart.

3 of us went.
Surely you could apply this to anything? i.e. if you spend your disposable income instead of giving it to 'dying kids' then you're an absolute ****? It's money and it is being received lawfully. Regardless of the principle (and I don't really agree with giving refunds in this case), if someone decides to give you a refund I can't see how accepting it really says anything about you as a person other than implying you have greed to some extent (and who doesn't).

3 of us went.

:lol: You've changed your tune.

3 of us went.
I'm sorry but this is well out of order, along with some other comments on here. Remember you do not know these people or their circumstances. They may have lost a job since applying for match and now need the money. They may donate by direct debit to charity. They may have another that they want to donate to for personal reasons (my family has personal reasons to like Birmingham Children's hospital for example).

They may simply think that they want the money for something else on this ocassion. That is fine and their choice, keep the self righteousness out of it.

And no I did not go and am not getting a refund.

The players have volunteerd to give the money back to the fans that travelled. In order to make it an easier process the amount of money needed was decided and those that claimed a refund would get it, with the remaining money going to charity for the sake of ease.

Personally, I feel that if the clubs gesture was to give a refund to the fans then they shouldn't have published the charity donation until after the deadline to reclaim a refund.

You can guarantee a lot of people giving shit to RV would have pocketed the refund without a second thought of donating it to charity. But, they now have a chance to be on their high horse.

Take the refund, it's nearly Christmas. Enjoy the extra £30/40 and don't let people on here make you feel shit for it.

Surely you could apply this to anything? i.e. if you spend your disposable income instead of giving it to 'dying kids' then you're an absolute ****? It's money and it is being received lawfully. Regardless of the principle (and I don't really agree with giving refunds in this case), if someone decides to give you a refund I can't see how accepting it really says anything about you as a person other than implying you have greed to some extent (and who doesn't).
A logical and well expressed point.

3 of us went.
The players have set aside funds to repay the fans who went to Southampton as a refund.

They haven't set it aside to a charity whereby you can take a chunk out if you believe you deserve it for your efforts of going to Southampton. Although that is what the PR dept. of the club has turned this into, ridiculously.

I'd be interested to see all of the people waxing lyrical about "dying children" deserving the unexpected refunds actual contributions themselves. Perhaps if they were to stumble on a £20 note in a street they would be rushing to the newest charity shop to to donate it?

I doubt it.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people on here will go to criticise their own on an anonymous forum. To the lads who went down, take the refund and get a few beers in at your local and acknowledge the players are sorry for the game.

Don't lose any sleep over c unts like this on the smb

Do they give you cash or credit your card that you paid with?
So are they actually going ahead with that? The players must f***ing hate Mannone right now :lol:

I thought it was a nice touch of him to be honest but the more I think about it, it doesn't sit right and i'm sure the majority of supporters won't care or want a refund, I don't remember Man City fans being refunded when we humped them 8-1 a few years ago....... But let's be honest, if you get the chance of what, £50 going back in your account or not, most people will say 'yeah go on then' even if they don't agree with where it's from

So are they actually going ahead with that? The players must f***ing hate Mannone right now :lol:

I thought it was a nice touch of him to be honest but the more I think about it, it doesn't sit right and i'm sure the majority of supporters won't care or want a refund, I don't remember Man City fans being refunded when we humped them 8-1 a few years ago....... But let's be honest, if you get the chance of what, £50 going back in your account or not, most people will say 'yeah go on then' even if they don't agree with where it's from
If I was a player I'd absolutely refuse to put the coin in, and XY&Z could report it to the cows came home.

If I was a player I'd absolutely refuse to put the coin in, and XY&Z could report it to the cows came home.

Agree with you fella, why the fuck should the word of some player trying to score brownie points with fans in the heat of the moment impact on your personal view. Didn't watch the game, but if for example Cattermole never stopped running, played well considering, then why should he have to shell out £2,000 or whatever it was just cos others were shit. If it wasn't so far a journey and you lost 8-0 to Man City do the same rules apply??

I think Mannone was probably mis quoted, and meant it would be nice to refund the fans as the team was that bad....... but not to actually HAVE to

Agree with you fella, why the fuck should the word of some player trying to score brownie points with fans in the heat of the moment impact on your personal view. Didn't watch the game, but if for example Cattermole never stopped running, played well considering, then why should he have to shell out £2,000 or whatever it was just cos others were shit. If it wasn't so far a journey and you lost 8-0 to Man City do the same rules apply??

I think Mannone was probably mis quoted, and meant it would be nice to refund the fans as the team was that bad....... but not to actually HAVE to
Not sure about the quote, I think he probably said what he was quoted as saying.

But the rest of your post, I agree 100% with.

Don't see the issue with people wanting a refund.

Personally wouldn't be arsed about the refund but can understand why people would feel it's warranted.

I might, I might not. But in this country you have a right to choose. It's like f***ing "poppygate" with McLean. The lad did nothing wrong. Anyone who chooses to keep their refund can do what the fuck they like with it and should not be made to feel guilty about it.

Already have done :oops:

Are you a moron?
When I was on the other day about taking a refund and spending it on my kids another poster was questioning the health of my kids and trying to make me feel guilty for having healthy ones :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back