Anyone got their refund yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the crux of the matter is that people have got what they paid for, a football match. There are no guarantees you will enjoy it.

If you went to the cinema and the movie was shit you wouldn't get a refund. You chose to see that movie.

At least people got to see 8 goals and an excellent performance by Southampton. How many dire 0-0's have we all sat through??

At the end of the day the club made the mistake and put a lot of fans in a difficult situation.

Personally I think the players should have donated a days pay plus their appearance fee to charity. Then that could have been that.

3 of us went.
If we'd won 8-0 I wouldn't expect to give a bonus payment for my ticket.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore
Bang out of order.

People can do what they want with their money ffs

As soon as a charity is mentioned that's it, it has to be given to them. No it doesn't, what gives people the right to think that if they got a refund the person wouldn't put that money to good use

3 of us went.
That's the beauty of footy, you ndver know if you will beat Chelsea away or lose 8-0!
If you ask for a refund over giving it to dying kids in a sunderland hospice IMHO I think you're an absolute **** and not someone I want to know, so put it on here so I can add you to ignore

Put me on ignore marra, I didn't go but you might as well

I went to see a shit film once but didn't expect my money back.
Neither did these fans but it's been offered. If you were offered it at the end of the film would you have took and sent it straight off to charity ? Be honest please.

The players have volunteerd to give the money back to the fans that travelled. In order to make it an easier process the amount of money needed was decided and those that claimed a refund would get it, with the remaining money going to charity for the sake of ease.

Personally, I feel that if the clubs gesture was to give a refund to the fans then they shouldn't have published the charity donation until after the deadline to reclaim a refund.

You can guarantee a lot of people giving shit to RV would have pocketed the refund without a second thought of donating it to charity. But, they now have a chance to be on their high horse.

Take the refund, it's nearly Christmas. Enjoy the extra £30/40 and don't let people on here make you feel shit for it.

My reply wasn't a pop at @Royston Vasey at all, it more a general grumble about this refund thing. I know RV travels all over watching us, and if he wants to take the money on offer or whatever then that is totally his choice. I'm not about to criticise someone who suffered that last week when I was sat on the couch watching it on soccer Saturday.

My point was that we've been stuffed before and no refunds were offered. We've been relegated with a record points low, only for a couple of years later to beat our own record! I know you can't compare 1 game to an entire season, but I just feel this whole refund stuff is bollocks.

You pay your money to watch a game of football. You've watched the game of football, you just didn't like the outcome. If RV takes his refund, or anyone else for that matter, I hope they enjoy whatever they do with it. If the daft sod fancies putting it towards Palace away on a Monday night in November, then I hope he has a trip 100x better than last week.

Again, not a pop at RV or anyone taking a refund, more just a general moan about something that doesn't even affect me! I'm sure all those who made the journey last week would rather we beat Arsenal today and Palace next week rather than get their £20-odd back.

Hate how people suddenly become f***ing Jesus when charity gets mentioned - what's the difference between taking this refund and not giving it to charity and getting paid, a much larger amount, and giving none of that to charity? Oh that's right, absolutely fuck all and righteous twats like @offmenut need to engage their brains before commenting on somebody they have never met's financial decisions.

Neither did these fans but it's been offered. If you were offered it at the end of the film would you have took and sent it straight off to charity ? Be honest please.
Exactlty mate, good spin on it. I wasn't there so can't say for certain, but the way people are judging others on here is ridiculous. People have a choice what to do and its totally up to them what they do for me. No judging or preaching is needed and actually is out of order some of the stuff being said.

Hate how people suddenly become f***ing Jesus when charity gets mentioned - what's the difference between taking this refund and not giving it to charity and getting paid, a much larger amount, and giving none of that to charity? Oh that's right, absolutely fuck all and righteous twats like @offmenut need to engage their brains before commenting on somebody they have never met's financial decisions.

Judging by his username he's probably wasted money on drugs

Could have gone to charity that, a few kids probably died while he was off it

Shan as owt

Judging by his username he's probably wasted money on drugs

Could have gone to charity that, a few kids probably died while he was off it

Shan as owt
Nar, just pissed when I wrote it marra, and not in a good mood staying with the mother in law at the moment.
I agree with all the comments in retrospect.
We all make mistakes like. I retract my statement , sorry

Last edited:
3 of us went.

What a load of wank, put me on ignore anyway you tool.

Nar, just pissed when I wrote it marra, and not in a good mood staying with the mother in law at the moment.
I agree with all the comments in retrospect.
We all make mistakes like. I retract my statement , sorry

f***ing hell you have my sympathy

No bother marra

What a load of wank, put me on ignore anyway you tool.

He's apologised man, pissed up and stopping with the mother in law

He deserves sympathy the poor lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back