Anyone got their refund yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who weren't at the match shouldn't really have an opinion on the matter.

More garbage. I never met my grandad so shall I take the photo I have of him down from my wall ? I thought this was a message board to discuss. So only people at the match today are allowed to comment in the match thread ?

More garbage. I never met my grandad so shall I take the photo I have of him down from my wall ? I thought this was a message board to discuss. So only people at the match today are allowed to comment in the match thread ?
That's a terrible comparison, who are you to tell someone what they can and can't do with their money.

So we can't talk about the players on the day either, in fact there should never be a match thread ever again

So we can't talk about the players on the day either, in fact there should never be a match thread ever again
That's a bit different to telling people what they should do with their own money.

Been over to ticket office yesterday and got our 4 tickets refunded. You can take cash or have it refunded on your card.

Personally think it's a great gesture from the players driven by Mannone. Just disappointing that the PC brigade have high jacked the concept with this "it should go to Charity" approach. Don't see how that is relevant or required. If I want to give to charity I can and do at anytime through various means.

That's a terrible comparison, who are you to tell someone what they can and can't do with their money.
Have you read the thread moron ? I've never said that at all, in fact I hold that exact stance.

I disagree, it was the right decision, you lost 8-0, eight! That is completely unacceptable for any professional football team IMO. Even San Marino, a team full of bakers and firefighters, kept England down to five. And you are forced to pay because it's your side, you can't just switch team, they have a responsibility to fans to always try their best (and they have admitted they didnt) and not take the piss which they did.

Then it's up to people to decide want to do with their own money or which charity is closest to that persons heart.
I paid for my ticket therefore the money no longer belong to me, it belongs to the club, the players decided to refund the money, which is coming from their wages, so it isnt my money if anything its the players money and they decided to refund the fans or donate to charity, personally the charity can have it because i still would have been at Southampton had a wizard appeared the night before and told me what the score was going to be, not because i wanted to whinge and stamp my feet about getting my money back, but because i love my club and would pay on the surface of the sun to watch them play

How many times have you been to an away match and said 'cracking day out - match was shit, mind, but we had a right laugh'? That's football. Well, it is if you support Sunderland.
that was Southampton in a nutshell, was a class day, anyone on the buses back will tell you that...unless they were on ALS

The money anyone paid for a ticket now belongs to Southampton FC. The money being taken from the players is basically a pay off in way of an apology.
Nobody is getting THEIR money back!!

For me the crux of the matter is that people have got what they paid for, a football match. There are no guarantees you will enjoy it.

If you went to the cinema and the movie was shit you wouldn't get a refund. You chose to see that movie.

At least people got to see 8 goals and an excellent performance by Southampton. How many dire 0-0's have we all sat through??

At the end of the day the club made the mistake and put a lot of fans in a difficult situation.

Personally I think the players should have donated a days pay plus their appearance fee to charity. Then that could have been that.
The cinema is not the same comparison.

If you went to a concert and the singer was apallong, or 'gave up' half way through, I think you would be entitled to think about getting a refund.

The cinema is a pre determined event where you can read reviews, know the length, every performance is the same.

If Royston was refunded for the last match he attended, there'd be a postal order for 2/6d plopping through the letter box.(is Dads letterbox mind)

At least people got to see 8 goals and an excellent performance by Southampton. How many dire 0-0's have we all sat through??

What a bizarre thing to say - give me a "dire 0-0" over an 8-0 defeat, even a 5-4 defeat, any f***ing defeat any day.

I'm giving my £24 to charity but still, that up there is a very odd thing to say

Been over to ticket office yesterday and got our 4 tickets refunded. You can take cash or have it refunded on your card.

Personally think it's a great gesture from the players driven by Mannone. Just disappointing that the PC brigade have high jacked the concept with this "it should go to Charity" approach. Don't see how that is relevant or required. If I want to give to charity I can and do at anytime through various means.

:lol::lol: Bellend.

Why.... we'd argue the toss on owt on here.

A conciliatory gesture by the players themselves - that was at the very least a decent sign.

Now move on. Ha'way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back