Amir Khan v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a really interesting fight, I'm interested to see how fit & strong Khan is at the weight plus will his speed suffer , I think khan is a bit taller than Alvarez but I do think Alvarez is the naturally stronger more powerful man..can't wait....

Virgil Hunter said he wont lose speed cos of beefing up. Don't really know why but you can't fuck about with what he says. :D

Absolutely no chance mayweather gets khan out in 4 rds, not sure why anyone would say that.

Mayweather got one fighter out in the last 10, I repeat 10 years, and that was the out of his depth Ricky Hatton (hindsight)

He would play it as safe as possible....and no I don't count the ortiz fiasco.

The reason I agree as it stands today that khan could give mayweather maybe his hardest fight is his legs are nowhere near the same Imo, that is the one and only reason, his legs.

This. Not like Im saying Khan has a big chance against money, but it wouldn't be a mismatch like a few think. Money isnt as big of hitter as some think.

Alvarez is surprisingly taller than Khan!
Someone mentioned the weight difference come fight time maybe as much as 30lbs :eek:

I can't see it being that much marra. Canelo said he's never been more than 170, so if Khan is 160ish then its about 10.

Saul is half an inch taller but Khan has half a inch reach advatage

Tale of the tape

Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez Name Amir Khan

46-1-1 (32) Record 31-3 (19)

48 Total fights 34

326 Rounds boxed 208

67 KO % 56

July 18, 1990/25 Date of birth/age December 8, 1986/29

October 29, 2005/15 Debut/age July 16, 2005/18

155lbs Weight 147lbs

Orthodox Stance Orthodox

5’ 9” Height 5’ 8.5”

70.5” Reach 71”

Jalisco, Mexico Birth place Bolton, England

Jalisco, Mexico Hometown Bolton, England

Mexican Nationality English

WWWWL Last five fights WWWWW

157-9-2 (117) Combined record of last five opponents 138-15-2 (76)

Miguel Cotto UD 12 Best win Marcos Maidana UD 12

Floyd Mayweather MD 12 Worst loss Danny Garcia RSF 4

9 World title fights 8

2 Divisions won world titles 1

9-1 (2) Record against former, current & future world titlists 9-2 (2)

11 Opponents with losing records 4

7 Times fought in Las Vegas 5

Chepo and Eddy Reynoso Trainer(s) Virgil Hunter

2 Total trainers used in career so far 4

Golden Boy Promotions, Canelo Promotions Promoter Golden Boy Promotions

Social

561K Twitter 1.67m

953K Instagram 709K

1.4m Facebook 3.8m

Isn't there a limit of weight that can be put on from weight in and fight night ?

I don't think so mate.

Khan throwing the idea out there about fighting Golovkin, should he win. Daft thing is he probably will anarl. Too brave for his own good at times :lol:

Now that guy is a f***ing beast. I love GGG fights.

Last edited:
Khan fights straight on and so is much easier to hit, and has a very weak chin. Contrast that with Kell Brook who is much slicker defensively as he's always a moving target and has a very good chin and you wonder what the fuck is going on with Khan getting these fights and not Brook. Added to that Brook is a much better boxer. All I can think is these camps who have been around the block know Brook is a much more serious proposition.

Khan simply does not have the quality, nor the defence, nor the durability. Out of his league on Saturday and with giving away a fair bit of size, and not knowing where the fuck he is once he's been caught; this is a dangerous fight and Khan could get seriously hurt.

Haway man. Khan doesnt have a weak chin. Virgil said so. He talks sense

Virgil also explains why kell doesnt get the big fights......cos he doesnt want them.

Already told the Mrs that after the Chelsea game, it is Crolla fight all night. Then I am going to bed then up at 04.00.

Forget going to sleep mate. Thats what sunday is for.

Massive Brook fan here. Arguably the most rounded 147lber out there but his last three have been nothing short of a joke. Sneaky suspicion it's that chancer and charlatan Hearn holding him back.

No sneaky suspicion about it mate. It is him. Does he know something we dont? Something virgil said in video above, about Kell self destructing or summat.

Haway man. Khan doesnt have a weak chin. Virgil said so. He talks sense

Virgil also explains why kell doesnt get the big fights......cos he doesnt want them.

Forget going to sleep mate. Thats what sunday is for.

No sneaky suspicion about it mate. It is him. Does he know something we dont? Something virgil said in video above, about Kell self destructing or summat.

Not for me. Taking the kid swimming class at 09.30! Risky!

Neither of those would do nothing for me or Brook's rep. Even if Kahn gets blown out inside 4 rounds he has ultimate respect from so many people in the sport. Brook isn't getting the credit because he has risked fuck all.

Exactly this. I really rated Brock in the past and still do to a certain degree. But he has to start fighting the big boys now. He's been world champ 2 years and had three fights, two of them mandatory no bodys. It was mint hearing Virgil take the mic.

Not for me. Taking the kid swimming class at 09.30! Risky!

Nee way mate. Red eye for you..........

I stayed up until after 5 for WrestleMania so I'm debating whether to see it through and have a monster kip on Sunday, or go to bed for a few hours after Match of the Day.

Khan throwing the idea out there about fighting Golovkin, should he win. Daft thing is he probably will anarl. Too brave for his own good at times :lol:
if they really are talking like that then they mebbees really are thinking his days in the 147lb division are over and there's no more big fights he maybe struggling to make that weight now anyway..
Virgil hunters a good trainer with a good game plan but he's not a miracle worker GGG would destroy Khan.. I give him 3 fights (it may only be 1) at the most with the step up in weight...I respect khans crusade for big fights though..

if they really are talking like that then they mebbees really are thinking his days in the 147lb division are over and there's no more big fights he maybe struggling to make that weight now anyway..
Virgil hunters a good trainer with a good game plan but he's not a miracle worker GGG would destroy Khan.. I give him 3 fights (it may only be 1) at the most with the step up in weight...I respect khans crusade for big fights though..

Have boxnation said this will be a 5:00 start? If that's the case a bit kip and an early start will be easier than staying up all night for those watching.

Not liking khan at this weight, doest look like he has put any muscle mass on, just an easy weight cut....

BTW the one on the right, wad till I burst a f***ing artery in my bellend.

Not liking khan at this weight, doest look like he has put any muscle mass on, just an easy weight cut....

Looks ok, but I agree, I think I expected him to look a little more solid. Canelo in amazing shape. Also, your right mind, she is f***ing fantastic. I would go like a bee's wing.

Aye. He is giving up some size here which we already knew but he looks abit soft round the middle.

Aye. He is giving up some size here which we already knew but he looks abit soft round the middle.
Willing for the lad ,I am genuinely excited by the fight, but just not sure if he will be able to withstand the relentless pressure for 12 rd's.

I am more concerned about khan not having enough real pop at 155 to keep Canelo honest....if not it will be brutal, I reckon khan will hit him real clean in the first 5 minutes, just hoping he can deter the big fucker.

My marra is there tonight, the jammy f***ing pit yacker.

Willing for the lad ,I am genuinely excited by the fight, but just not sure if he will be able to withstand the relentless pressure for 12 rd's.

I am more concerned about khan not having enough real pop at 155 to keep Canelo honest....if not it will be brutal, I reckon khan will hit him real clean in the first 5 minutes, just hoping he can deter the big fucker.

My marra is there tonight, the jammy f***ing pit yacker.
Cottos power didn't deter Canelo like so I am not too optimistic about Khans. I hope he proves me wrong and shocks the world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back