Zero Alcohol Beer

I think he meant they are the same price as alcohol drinks which have a lot of duty on them. So they should be cheaper without the duty.

Non alcoholic cider should be easy for a brewery to create. It will just be a bottle of Applecham you used to get of Sykes pop van.
I was supping San Miguel at £2.20 a bottle when out on the lash at the weekend. And a 4 pack is less than 4 quid in supermarket. Nowt expensive about that IMO.

I miss the sense of resistance you get with alcohol, non alcoholic drinks sort of go down too easy (oo er missus). They taste decent in as of themselves and are a nice alternative to pop or other soft stuff but they don't taste like beer or wine substitutes imo.

It's missing that malty density you get with Guiness proper but it's a nice drink still
I tell ya what, they don't half make ya piss mind.
I think he meant they are the same price as alcohol drinks which have a lot of duty on them. So they should be cheaper without the duty.

Non alcoholic cider should be easy for a brewery to create. It will just be a bottle of Applecham you used to get of Sykes pop van.
Non-alcoholic beers can be more expensive to produce than beer.

Last edited:
The reality is I drink beer for the alcohol.

I like the taste, but I don’t drink 8 pints of tea a day.

If it wasn’t for the alcoholic content there are probably 4 or 5 things I would drink just for the taste before beer

There are some cracking 1.5 ish % beers about by the way but for me it’s still an untapped market.

I had one at QPR away years ago.

Not no alcohol but could have a couple without any concerns on driving (Be less then a pint)

I tell ya what, they don't half make ya piss mind.

Non-alcoholic beers can be more expensive to produce than beer.
No duty though.
I was supping San Miguel at £2.20 a bottle when out on the lash at the weekend. And a 4 pack is less than 4 quid in supermarket. Nowt expensive about that IMO.
I didn't say all alcoholic drinks are expensive. I tried to explain what the other lad meant, that's all.
The prices you've quoted there for pub bottles isn't typical though. Were you in spoons?

Last edited:
Adnams Ghost Ship 0.5% is my standard driving beer. Not sure the availability nationally but common in East Anglia.
Same here. Best low alcohol out there as long as you like the citra. Went to Adnams last year, lovely brewery.

Also is a quid in Sainsbury’s at the moment.

When I have been having issues with my mental health and I know alcohol is only going to make things worse I have went on 0% , still get the social aspect so I don't feel like i am locking myself away

asahib 0.0 is very nice and would recommend out the ones I've had

Back