Zero Alcohol Beer

sone pretty decent zero lager available know

if watching footy at home is a decent option

however stuff like zero gin just seems rediculous to me

sone pretty decent zero lager available know

if watching footy at home is a decent option

however stuff like zero gin just seems rediculous to me

Same here. I totally get zero (or very low, such as 0.5%) beer but alcohol free gin is just flavoured water. May as well use a cordial. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a lot cheaper than the alcoholic version but it's always the same price. I can understand some additional costs in AF production due to lack of scale but what with it being zero duty then there's no excuse for identical pricing.

Explain why you think they should be cheap.
I think he meant they are the same price as alcohol drinks which have a lot of duty on them. So they should be cheaper without the duty.

Non alcoholic cider should be easy for a brewery to create. It will just be a bottle of Applecham you used to get of Sykes pop van.

I continue to find it curious when I read the comments about 'What is the point of alcohol free lager, gin etc.' And the number of people who readily admit they drink things they don't even like the taste of, purely for the alcohol. And the vitriol aimed at those who do chose to partake of alcohol free options. Bizarre. Each to their own but seems to generate a strange aggressive response.

I drink Heineken 0.0 and Nastro Azzurro 0.0 because I enjoy them. Likewise Tanqueray 0. But I get told I should just drink water/coke/tea instead. No ta!

I don't mind Heineken 0.0, but it's too expensive. You have next to no choice but to get it in bottles anywhere. The only place I know sells a 0% on tap in Sunderland is the fire station which has Lucky Saint, which I haven't tried.
Had a few Heineken zero's in Mauritius. Tasted of nothing.

There’s a load now. I can easily go out and not have a drink. Brewdog, peroni, ghost ship, Guinness, then there’s non-alcho ciders like koppaberg which are decent but go down like pop.
Guinness 0% is tremendous, its my alco free ale/stout of choice. The Aldi free version is decent but the 0% Corona is great...

I miss the sense of resistance you get with alcohol, non alcoholic drinks sort of go down too easy (oo er missus). They taste decent in as of themselves and are a nice alternative to pop or other soft stuff but they don't taste like beer or wine substitutes imo.
Guinness 0% is tremendous, its my alco free ale/stout of choice. The Aldi free version is decent but the 0% Corona is great...
It's missing that malty density you get with Guiness proper but it's a nice drink still

Erdinger is probably the best one you'll get in a standard pub but there's a whole world of good stuff out there.
Some of the Belgian ones are excellent.

totally agree alan, i think the Asahi one is particularly good too.

Cloudwater Fresh AF. They put a citra version out last week as well which I've got in the fridge.
Most things from Mash Gang
Mikkeller do a really impressive reisling Flemish ale
Schneider Weisse wheat beer is excellent on draft

Our lass is pregnant so I've tried tons of them over the last 8 months. The above are the standouts. By a mile as well. Of the mainstream stuff the Guinness is good and Lucky Saint is decent. Erdinger as well if you're lucky.
Congrats mate! Not long to go, then.

Quite fancy trying the Cloudwater AF.

Now I may have dreamt this, but was there a Lager flavour for Sodastreams back in the 70’s or early 80’s?

Sure I remember crying for it in Savercentre or maybe Prestos and having to make do with Top Deck instead

Back