Zelda:BOTW

Is it really hard or am I just unbelievably shit? I can't find a single one of the shrines old beardy fella wants me to go to!

I mean I can see them, but it's all cold and shit.

You need to get some cold weather protection that lasts long enough to get to the mountain top. Try cooking some spicy peppers with something else edible - but make sure you do a few of them so you don't run out of time. Don't worry about getting back out, you can always warp. Have you done the shrine that isn't in the snowy area?

Only briefly owned a gamecube, never owned a nintendo console other than that never felt the need really as ive gotten older because i just havent got the spare time anymore and what little time i do id rather play what i have than spend 350 quid for one game
I can relate to that, and don't play myself now. 2 of my lads work alongside the gaming industry, so they get paid to play pretty much. I bought them each one the first Nintendo hand helds when they were young, and they've never stopped playing since. Their love for Zelda, though has never waned, and I expect they're gagging to play it.

You need to get some cold weather protection that lasts long enough to get to the mountain top. Try cooking some spicy peppers with something else edible - but make sure you do a few of them so you don't run out of time. Don't worry about getting back out, you can always warp. Have you done the shrine that isn't in the snowy area?
Only the first one :oops:
How do you cook? :lol::oops:

Is it really hard or am I just unbelievably shit? I can't find a single one of the shrines old beardy fella wants me to go to!

I mean I can see them, but it's all cold and shit.

you go to the top of that big tower (forget its name) and mark shrines with scope .

you cook stuff to keep you warm / light that torch thing , its just when you have to fight / shift that bridge thing with magnet you get cold & lose hearts

trying watching for tips,

don't watch too much , pointless buying a game to watch someone else playing it

Only the first one :oops:
How do you cook? :lol::oops:

Find a campsite that has a weird dish thing above the fire (looks like the pensieve from Harry Potter). It's actually a cooking pot. Stand right next to it then go into your inventory with +, and select the pepper, and hold it. Then select an apple or something and hold that too. Come out of the menu with the back button, then there should be an on-screen option to cook. You can add multiple ingredients for other dishes that I've tried and their effect will be increased. Cooking one apple will give you a one heart recovery dish, but cooking two together will give a two heart recovery dish. Don't do what I did and cook more apples in one go than you have heart containers!

Contrary to what the walkthrough online says for the shrine near the enemy (you'll know it when you find it), you do not need to fight it at all - there's an alternative way to get to the shrine that doesn't involve playing chicken.

Last edited:
this looks class - not sure i can justify the cost though - the last zelda game i played was link to the past on the SNES.

Are you playing it mate?
I have to admit, it's superb, I am still finding loads of surprises every day.
Nope, I'll buy it for the Wii u after I'm done with horizon. Any time anything is the best (or worst) thing ever it's hysteria.

It's Zelda, it will be a really good quality game. In ten years it with probably be remembered as a classic.

Bought a second hand Wii u just to play this :lol::oops:

Last one I played was ocarina of time so i haven't really got a clue what's going on

The game itself is very good, love how natural everything feels. Last time I played a game this well thought out was Dark Souls

Lots of hidden stuff, like in the beginning there's a quest where if you cook the old boy some scran he gives you warm gear so you can survive the cold later on.

http://www.gosunoob.com/zelda-breath-of-wild/protection-from-cold-old-mans-warm-doublet-recipe/

Bought a second hand Wii u just to play this :lol::oops:

Last one I played was ocarina of time so i haven't really got a clue what's going on

The game itself is very good, love how natural everything feels. Last time I played a game this well thought out was Dark Souls

Lots of hidden stuff, like in the beginning there's a quest where if you cook the old boy some scran he gives you warm gear so you can survive the cold later on.

http://www.gosunoob.com/zelda-breath-of-wild/protection-from-cold-old-mans-warm-doublet-recipe/

It's the complete game, I think that's why everyone loves it. Nothing is half arsed in it.

This is addictive as out. Everywhere you turn there's something else to investigate. Keep saying "I'll finish this and then knock it off, hang on what's that over there..." 4 hours later, fuck it's 2am:lol:

Back