Zelda:BOTW

I have just started this last night. First impressions are good. Any tips for a beginner without spoilers ideally. Cheers.

I have just started this last night. First impressions are good. Any tips for a beginner without spoilers ideally. Cheers.

When you get to the part where you're doing shrines you have a choice of upgrades - hearts or stamina. I died so many times in the early parts of this game, until I got many more hearts. Even so, I would resign yourself to dying and plough your upgrades into stamina until you have an extra wheel. Then go for hearts. Exploration is quite limited until you can climb for longer. Also, talk to everyone.

When you get to the part where you're doing shrines you have a choice of upgrades - hearts or stamina. I died so many times in the early parts of this game, until I got many more hearts. Even so, I would resign yourself to dying and plough your upgrades into stamina until you have an extra wheel. Then go for hearts. Exploration is quite limited until you can climb for longer. Also, talk to everyone.
Disagree.

Get 13 hearts, get the master sword then do swapsies with the Hateno Village statue

Disagree.

Get 13 hearts, get the master sword then do swapsies with the Hateno Village statue

It's easier to get to more shrines once you start upgrading the stamina, so you can get the number of upgrades you need faster, then swap them for hearts. I don't know about you, but I felt the world really opened up once I upgraded the stamina wheel. Getting enough upgrades for 13 hearts actually takes a while when you're stuck on ground level.

It's easier to get to more shrines once you start upgrading the stamina, so you can get the number of upgrades you need faster, then swap them for hearts. I don't know about you, but I felt the world really opened up once I upgraded the stamina wheel. Getting enough upgrades for 13 hearts actually takes a while when you're stuck on ground level.
Will put a few more hours in and see where I am at. Might be back for more help. :lol:

I am just wandering about aimlessly here. Only found one shrine that I have been able to get into. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good game this. It's like a cartoon version of witcher 3.

I have just got the glider off the bloke so think i have a long way to go.
You're doing much better than me. Taking me a while to get to grips with it. Just heading to the third shrine now.

You're doing much better than me. Taking me a while to get to grips with it. Just heading to the third shrine now.

Im using pro controller feels mich better.

You need to get chillies and cook them in order to get to the last shrine. Been playing for couple of hours now and im getting there. Hope the monsters get harder to kill as its a bit easy atm.

Im using pro controller feels mich better.

You need to get chillies and cook them in order to get to the last shrine. Been playing for couple of hours now and im getting there. Hope the monsters get harder to kill as its a bit easy atm.
I don't have a pro controller like. Playing it in handheld mode mainly. I have been doing plenty forraging and cooking like.

Never played a zelda game in my life. Love open world games though so this should be good. Going on a plane in a few weeks so this could be ideal in passing the time by!

Never played a zelda game in my life. Love open world games though so this should be good. Going on a plane in a few weeks so this could be ideal in passing the time by!
I would like to take mine to work but I work with loads of wrong un's so I don't dare.

Anyone beaten this yet. I've done all the main quests apart from the final boss. Had 1 go at him. Didn't seem that hard in terms of him doing me any damage but after a while he starts glowing and doesn't take any damage. Haven't worked out what to do yet. Not sure I want it to be over.

Anyone beaten this yet. I've done all the main quests apart from the final boss. Had 1 go at him. Didn't seem that hard in terms of him doing me any damage but after a while he starts glowing and doesn't take any damage. Haven't worked out what to do yet. Not sure I want it to be over.
I am still a newbie on it. Really enjoying it. It is much harder than I expected it to be.

Back