your favourite open world game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Taxi :cool:

Good shout, especially for its era.
I'd say the first Tomb Raider was a little open world for its time, apart from the Lava levels when it started to get a bit linear. Defo one of my all time favourites.

Also a different type of open world favourite was Broken Sword, quality game.

I will still say its fallout 3..I have a lot of time for it

that first moment you leave the vault and walk up the path to the crest and gaze out over the huge wasteland..then you realise you can just set off in any direction..was a wonderful feeling in gaming for me

Exactly my first impression of it. Didnt get that feeling with Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim at all.

Same fallout 3, hate the fact I cant get into New vegas though, same with the GTA, something just isnt quite right with both of them. Bought the first Mass Effect aswell but seemed to fade out of interest as it seemed dated.

Ive bought oblivion and im DYING to buy skyrim, reckon I should play oblivion then get into skyrim? or will i bore myself with it

New Vegas just feels like a very poor expansion pack for Fallout 3.

Skyrim storyline is set 200 years AFTER oblivion and oblivion is only mentioned a couple of times by characters but has no effect on the story so start playing skyrim!

Good shout, especially for its era.
I'd say the first Tomb Raider was a little open world for its time, apart from the Lava levels when it started to get a bit linear. Defo one of my all time favourites.

Also a different type of open world favourite was Broken Sword, quality game.

Loved crazy taxi back in the day

Aye, it's a brilliant game from such a simple concept. Still play it today on the old Dreamcast. One of my all-time favourites.

Skyrim. Any other opinion is wrong ;)

Ive bought oblivion and im DYING to buy skyrim, reckon I should play oblivion then get into skyrim? or will i bore myself with it

You become the head of the mage an thieves guilds, champion of the arena, and stop the oblivion gates from opening. Saved you some time there, go buy Skyrim ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back