your England team for Sri Lanka & Team for ashes

Its going to be so exciting; this series you can start to see that route is contr

Whats your opinion on this? I just don't understand why we don't have a standardised ball, the dukes would be mine of choice, it just makes for a much better contest. I just think going forward in terms getting audience's at grounds and on tv we need to sort this out.
I like the idea of cricket being played in different conditions in different areas of the world. (Similar to when I watch golf I like the different challenges the different style of courses represents). But I also think the difference is too stark at present giving too many near home wins so I'd like to see a bit more movement of the ball in Aussie conditions and a touch less in UK conditions.

I thought the reason the kookaburra is used is because it lasts longer in the harsh hard pitches in Australia - but that may not be so. It would be nice to have a ball which is essentially between the Kookaburra and the Duke and can be used everywhere for Tests.

I like the idea of cricket being played in different conditions in different areas of the world. (Similar to when I watch golf I like the different challenges the different style of courses represents). But I also think the difference is too stark at present giving too many near home wins so I'd like to see a bit more movement of the ball in Aussie conditions and a touch less in UK conditions.

I thought the reason the kookaburra is used is because it lasts longer in the harsh hard pitches in Australia - but that may not be so. It would be nice to have a ball which is essentially between the Kookaburra and the Duke and can be used everywhere for Tests.

How can you stop it in England?

At lords against India it was hooping round corners when the clouds were out but the pitch was flat, Woakes got 150 when the sun was out

I like pitches where spin opens the bowling too

Only pitches I don’t like are some roads in India and most of Australia, apart from Perth which can be the best in the world

How can you stop it in England?

At lords against India it was hooping round corners when the clouds were out but the pitch was flat, Woakes got 150 when the sun was out

I like pitches where spin opens the bowling too

Only pitches I don’t like are some roads in India and most of Australia, apart from Perth which can be the best in the world
Well that's the difficulty.

I do want swing, spin and seam, but not too much. Maybe a slightly less pronounced seam?

I don't want the game to be played on roads but I think the authorities do as much as they can with that, which is to say nearly nowt.

absolutely

The cricket in England is by far the best to watch in the world, i think our batsman get a tad too much stick as they play half their cricket in the toughest conditions

I also like cricket in Asia when it spins from ball one

I'm repeating myself but the last ashes was one of the worst series I have ever seen, the only game with any entertainment was the day night one as the bowlers were in the game
I think the Aussies enjoyed it!

I think england will win 3-1 in the ashes depending on the weather

Back