your England team for Sri Lanka & Team for ashes

scotch

Striker
Assuming they go well in Sri lanka. Massively different conditons.

Sri Lanka-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Ali
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Barstow (energy sapping in the heat, gives him as much rest as he can batting 7)th
Curran
Broad
Leach/rashid
Anderson

Australia-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Stokes or Root at 3
Root
Bairstow
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Curran
Broad
Anderson

Sri Lanka-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Ali
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Barstow (energy sapping in the heat, gives him as much rest as he can batting 7)th
Curran
Broad
Leach/rashid
Anderson

Australia-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Stokes or Root at 3
Root
Bairstow
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Curran
Broad
Anderson
You'd have thought wood would be there for the ODI's

Reckon if he can prove fitness he will stay on for the tests.

Jennings
Burns
Ali
Root
Clarke
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Pope, Woakes & Leach would make thit squad. Possibly even Wood if fit.

Pointless looking at a squad for next summer, far too much cricket to be played before then.

Sri Lanka-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Ali
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Curran
Broad
Leach/rashid
Anderson

Australia-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Stokes or Root at 3
Root
Bairstow
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Curran
Broad
Anderson

Where the holy fuck does Robson come from he’s been rotten for 4 years?

Sri Lanka-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Ali
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Curran
Broad
Leach/rashid
Anderson

Australia-
Burns
Vince/Robson
Stokes or Root at 3
Root
Bairstow
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Curran
Broad
Anderson
I don't think Anderson AND Broad need to travel to Sri Lanka. Curran will play., Stokes will play, do we need 4 seamers?

Burns, Jennings, Stokes, Root (c), Bairstow, Ali, Buttler (w), Curran, Rashid, Broad, Leach

Give Jimmy the winter off and rest those old bones

Team v Australia (assuming the openers don't fuck up)

Burns, Jennngs, Stokes, Root (c), Bairstow, Ali, Buttler (w), Curran, Woakes, Broad, Anderson

I don't think Anderson AND Broad need to travel to Sri Lanka. Curran will play., Stokes will play, do we need 4 seamers?

Burns, Jennings, Stokes, Root (c), Bairstow, Ali, Buttler (w), Curran, Rashid, Broad, Leach

Give Jimmy the winter off and rest those old bones

Team v Australia (assuming the openers don't fuck up)

Burns, Jennngs, Stokes, Root (c), Bairstow, Ali, Buttler (w), Curran, Woakes, Broad, Anderson
Agree with this. Plus this will piss Jimmy right off and he'll come back like a man possessed and rip the Crims a new arsehole :cool:

SL: Burns and Stoneman to open, Leach for Anderson, take Vince as he seems to play spin well.

Ashes: new openers plus the current team I suspect

Jennings.stoneman.lyth aren't test standard. Robson had a cracking start to this season

He has had a shit season just like the one before that and the one before that. You can say what you like against Stoneman and Jennings but they have struggled against the best attacks in the world in very testing conditions. Robson has fared little better against county plodders.

I think Jennings will go as he's apparently a good player of spin.

It wouldn’t surprise me. As terrible as he has been there isn’t a clear alternative. Pitches won’t be seaming around and he does play spin well having a test hundred in India.

Jennings.stoneman.lyth aren't test standard. Robson had a cracking start to this season

I know I answered this earlier but just to put into context: Championship Division 2

SD Robson 333 runs at an average of 19.75. His top score all season is 72 and it is his only 50. Almost every opener in the country should be ahead of him tbf.

Ed Smith in interview on radio says we won't be taking 2 new openers to Sri Lanka. Confirmation surely that Jennings will be in the touring squad.

Back