My 50th birthday

O2 Newcastle
Public Image Ltd

The Mallard
FM

Ivy House

Herrington Park
Kubix

Let's Rock Sunderland, over our back fence in June.

Great weather all day, canny bands, great craic, and Clare Grogan wagged her finger & looked me straight in the eye as she was singing "Don't talk to me about me love".

The highlight was Temptation by Heaven 17.

Does ya husband know?
Let's Rock Sunderland, over our back fence in June.

Great weather all day, canny bands, great craic, and Clare Grogan wagged her finger & looked me straight in the eye as she was singing "Don't talk to me about me love".

The highlight was Temptation by Heaven 17.

Best big gig - David Byrne Utopia in Dublin, outstanding.
Best small gig - Young fathers

honourable mentions to belle and seabastian, decemberists, nakhane, the xx, the breeders, LCD Soundsystem

This for me anarl, pity those who didn’t go.
Probably the best single day festival line up I’ve ever seen, or am every likely to see.

However, in the sense of never-to-be-repeated peformances, The Lightning Seeds doing 3 lions at Sunniside after we’d beaten Sweden is right up there.

Last edited:
My top ten this year:

Yowl/When Young- That pub venue ower Shoreditch way.
Rolling Blackouts/Bodega- Electric Ballroom.
Cousteau-100 Club
Yowl- 100 Club
Rolling Blackouts- The Horn
Yowl- The Social
Declan Welsh & The Decadent West— The Horn
Yowl - The Lexington
When Young- Finsbury Tavern
The Night Cafe - The Horn

The National and War on Drugs was a fantastic day in London and didn't even get stabbed. Did get robbed for some Craft IPA in Shoreditch though

Belly at Whitley Bay was a very pleasant surprise, they were excellent

St Vincent Victoria Park, Killing Joke Northumbria Uni. All the in yer face hardcore punk bands at Museum Vaults!

Best big gig - David Byrne Utopia in Dublin, outstanding.
Best small gig - Young fathers

honourable mentions to belle and seabastian, decemberists, nakhane, the xx, the breeders, LCD Soundsystem

Deeply regret not seeing David Byrne on his tour. Every person, to a man, said it was absolutely amazing.

Deeply regret not seeing David Byrne on his tour. Every person, to a man, said it was absolutely amazing.
It really was, I’ve been watching YouTube clips of it almost daily since I was at it, hope he releases it on Blu-ray.
Was a last minute decision to go too, always liked talking heads but just hadn’t crossed my mind to go, then a few mates got tickets.

Yes, it was - we saw it first in Manchester last year at the Granada Studios and it was amazing. We then heard about Turin and went across and it was even better - it had 12 students in celebrity squares like boxes doing a synthesiser orchestration. I am 54 and its great that you can still gigs that you think are the best you've ever seen - even better than Thin Lizzy in 1979:).
Wash your mouth out!

Idles were mint last month at riverside. Fontaine DCs supporting Shame the other week at Newcastle Uni.
Various Monkeys gigs this year...

Gerry Cinnamon at Newcastle Uni earlier in the year was class. Seems like every random charva who normally doesn't like music is on the bandwagon. How and when has this happened in recent months? The Newcastle Uni gig I couldn't give away my spare ticket. I'm considering flogging my academy ones.

Went to see Miles on Saturday. Decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back