You favourite singles artists

How many Clash singles are instantly nameable to a good chunk of the public though ? Great band of course

Me neither but we all listened to the great Singles bands down the years
Duran Duran would be another great singles band . Don't own any stuff by them

I dug out my Running up that hill 12 inch when it all kicked off again
Weird really just the single with a long start and daft bits in the middle
Loads, bank robber, i fought the law, rock the casbah, white riot off the top of my head, it then I suppose it depends if the public like the clash or are thickheeds that listen to steps and the like, and is age sensitive I guess as well

same goes for talking heads, folks either know em or they completely passed them by

Last edited:
SLF & The Undertones were absolutely superb.đź‘Ť

My wife has seen them half a dozen times now, not for me but personal taste (of which I have little) dictates?
Very, very good live band - much Rockier than the singles would suggest. Current line-up is the best since the originals.

Thinking about it, my ever-changing personal musical tastes over time:
Slade
Roxy
ELO
John Denver
The Stranglers
The Damned
The Clash
The Boomtown Rats
The Jam
The Undertones
The Specials
Sade
Alexander O' 'Neal
FYC
REM
PSB
Joy Division
Lighthouse Family
Prefab Sprout
Michael Bolton
Wet Wet Wet
FGTH
Simple Minds
Plus many more I've missed

Shhh, I even have a Barry Manilow record :eek:

Criticism expected.
Very, very good live band - much Rockier than the singles would suggest. Current line-up is the best since the originals.
I imagine she'll be going with her mates again when dates are released. Can Brian Connelly (was it?) be replaced?
Slade
Roxy
ELO
John Denver
The Stranglers
The Damned
The Clash
The Boomtown Rats
The Jam
The Undertones
The Specials
Sade
Alexander O' 'Neal
FYC
REM
PSB
Joy Division
Lighthouse Family
Prefab Sprout
Michael Bolton
Wet Wet Wet
FGTH
Simple Minds

Criticism expected.

I imagine she'll be going with her mates again when dates are released. Can Brian Connelly (was it?) be replaced?
Sorry, forgot The Pogues.
Slade
Roxy
ELO
John Denver
The Stranglers
The Damned
The Clash
The Boomtown Rats
The Jam
The Undertones
The Specials
Sade
Alexander O' 'Neal
FYC
REM
PSB
Joy Division
Lighthouse Family
Prefab Sprout
Michael Bolton
Wet Wet Wet
FGTH
Simple Minds

Criticism expected.

Last edited:
Slade
Roxy
ELO
John Denver
The Stranglers
The Damned
The Clash
The Boomtown Rats
The Jam
The Undertones
The Specials
Sade
Alexander O' 'Neal
FYC
REM
PSB
Joy Division
Lighthouse Family
Prefab Sprout
Michael Bolton
Wet Wet Wet
FGTH
Simple Minds

Criticism expected.

Current singer Paul Manzi (was lead singer in Cats In Space - check these out if you like ELO/Supertramp etc) is a great singer - very powerful, melodic voice and great stage presence. The bassist too, Lee Small, is a lead singer in his own right and harmonises really well with Manzi and Andy Scott.

Current singer Paul Manzi (was lead singer in Cats In Space - check these out if you like ELO/Supertramp etc) is a great singer - very powerful, melodic voice and great stage presence. The bassist too, Lee Small, is a lead singer in his own right and harmonises really well with Manzi and Andy Scott.
I'll have a look at them, I appreciate musical & vocal talent. Thanks. And you've probably realised I love a strong bass line.

Last edited:
As stated The Who were often seen as a sI goes hand until Tommy. Same for a lot of those sixties bands until they either broke up or evolved into album rock bands. Same for Pink Floyd, many others.

From my youth …

Mud
Sweet
T Rex
Gary Glitter
Slade
T Rex have at least a dozen belters. Lyrics are probably gibberish in all of them mind.

I don’t think Erasure have had a mention yet. Vince Clark bands generally are great singles bands.

It’s interesting to see both REM and Kate Bush mentioned repeatedly as, to me, they’re primarily album artists with singles as a bonus, REM particularly.

Back