You favourite singles artists

As stated The Who were often seen as a sI goes hand until Tommy. Same for a lot of those sixties bands until they either broke up or evolved into album rock bands. Same for Pink Floyd, many others.

From my youth …

Mud
Sweet
T Rex
Gary Glitter
Slade

I'm not aware of any 12" version. Tell me more.
I have it, but at the moment I cannot find that (for the code), my other Stranglers albums & vinyl. I'll have stored them safely because I recall the black boxes they were in. I've located a couple of cds but not the vinyls. I also have the Walk On By single (in white) so I'd like to find that too. I had all their releases from Rattus to the one after Cornwell rapped. Even The Greenfield & Burnel album. I even found one cd single [three versions] by Alcatraz that I'd forgotten about.

My albums were put away when my turntable died which led to my Technics system separates ending up in the garage as directed by my wife. If you want sme specific detail of th 5 Mins 12" let me know because I WILL find it.

60s The Who, The Kinks and Motown were superb for singles. Very few albums that have stood the test of time but the singles are simply gem after gem.
The Jam hit a singles purple patch just prior to the release of their third album but it didn’t last and the last few were nowt in comparison. They were a good album band from then on in thought. I knocked up a crackin cd of the singles they would’ve released if I’d been the head of Polydor at the time and it pissed all over the actual single releases.

Roxy Musics singles from the early 70s and a few none singles are collected on the vinyl only Roxy Musics Greatest Hits. It’s imho the greatest compilation vinyl album ever. From Virginia Plain to Both Ends Burning era everyone a 24 carat gem.
None of Ferry’s solo stuff and nowt from the reformed Dance Away and Jealous Guy MOR saccharine money spinning shite they filled their pension pots with from the 80s onwards.
I thought about Roxy after I posted
Yeah ,consistent great singles
The Supremes might be the ultimate pop band like. Fanfuckingtastic
Got nowt by Kate Bush but always enjoy a 6music tune when they hoy her on.
At least get Hounds of love
Side two in the dark with the head phones on takes some beating

Last edited:
Roxy Musics singles from the early 70s and a few none singles are collected on the vinyl only Roxy Musics Greatest Hits. It’s imho the greatest compilation vinyl album ever. From Virginia Plain to Both Ends Burning era everyone a 24 carat gem.
I might try to get hold of that. I have the Virginia P. & Pyjamara singles so enjoyed the early Roxy releases.
Mud
Sweet
T Rex
Gary Glitter
Are you my wife??? That's exactly her musical tastes.

Last edited:

Back