You favourite singles artists

JAZZMANB

Striker
They don't even have to be favourite bands
The single is a piece of work in itself . Short ,memorable, clever ,sounds great on the radio, time after time .
Some of these I have no albums by
ABBA
The Police
The Jam
Madness
Thin lizzy
Blondie
Showing my age a bit so any younger options in your favourites

They don't even have to be favourite bands
The single is a piece of work in itself . Short ,memorable, clever ,sounds great on the radio, time after time .
Some of these I have no albums by
ABBA
The Police
The Jam
Madness
Thin lizzy
Blondie
Showing my age a bit so any younger options in your favourites
Agree with all of those really..

Slade
Buzzcocks
Madonna
Pet Shop Boys
Eurythmics .. Were all mostly consistent in their prime. Only one I can think of more recent is Lana Del Ray.

Most of my fave singles artists have been mentioned already, but I loved the 12" singles put out by a few others like The Stranglers, Devo, Dead Kens.

Talking heads
clash
rem
prince
How many Clash singles are instantly nameable to a good chunk of the public though ? Great band of course
Never really bought singles. If I liked a track, I would buy the album. Had some nice surprises, but also bought some shite anarl.

Did buy 12"singles, coloured vynil and picture discs though.
Me neither but we all listened to the great Singles bands down the years
Duran Duran would be another great singles band . Don't own any stuff by them
Most of my fave singles artists have been mentioned already, but I loved the 12" singles put out by a few others like The Stranglers, Devo, Dead Kens.
I dug out my Running up that hill 12 inch when it all kicked off again
Weird really just the single with a long start and daft bits in the middle

Last edited:
60s The Who, The Kinks and Motown were superb for singles. Very few albums that have stood the test of time but the singles are simply gem after gem.
The Jam hit a singles purple patch just prior to the release of their third album but it didn’t last and the last few were nowt in comparison. They were a good album band from then on in thought. I knocked up a crackin cd of the singles they would’ve released if I’d been the head of Polydor at the time and it pissed all over the actual single releases.

Roxy Musics singles from the early 70s and a few none singles are collected on the vinyl only Roxy Musics Greatest Hits. It’s imho the greatest compilation vinyl album ever. From Virginia Plain to Both Ends Burning era everyone a 24 carat gem.
None of Ferry’s solo stuff and nowt from the reformed Dance Away and Jealous Guy MOR saccharine money spinning shite they filled their pension pots with from the 80s onwards.

Last edited:
60s The Who, The Kinks and Motown were superb for singles. Very few albums that have stood the test of time but the singles are simply gem after gem.
The Jam hit a singles purple patch just prior to the release of their third album but it didn’t last and the last few were nowt in comparison. They were a good album band from then on in thought. I knocked up a crackin cd of the singles they would’ve released if I’d been the head of Polydor at the time and it pissed all over the actual single releases.

Roxy Musics singles from the early 70s and a few none singles are collected on the vinyl only Roxy Musics Greatest Hits. It’s imho the greatest compilation vinyl album ever. From Virginia Plain to Both Ends Burning era everyone a 24 carat gem.
None of Ferry’s solo stuff and nowt from the reformed Dance Away and Jealous Guy MOR saccharine money spinning shite they filled their pension pots with from the 80s onwards.
Loved Ferrys version of "The In Crowd"

Back