Yakuza

Is Yakuza like a dragon connected to the rest of the series story line wise? Are there spoilers for the rest of the series in it is what I mean.

Is Yakuza like a dragon connected to the rest of the series story line wise? Are there spoilers for the rest of the series in it is what I mean.
It’s not fully connected, different protagonist.

There will be some spoilers and returning characters from the previous games but nothing too huge from what I remember. It’s mainly just callbacks.

You could play Like a Dragon and then go through the rest of the series.

It’s not fully connected, different protagonist.

There will be some spoilers and returning characters from the previous games but nothing too huge from what I remember. It’s mainly just callbacks.

You could play Like a Dragon and then go through the rest of the series.

I am considering doing that once I finish Yakuza 0 otherwise it could be years before I get to it. :lol:

I am only on chapter 7 of 0. I love it but I know it'll be a slog finishing the and another 6 (I think) of the fuckers :lol:

it would be a right slog to play them all off the bounce, especially 3,4 and 5 after you've played the remakes and newer game first. I

Last edited:
Seen this mentioned elsewhere is it best to follow this timeline? On PS4

Now is the best time to play the Yakuza series (on Xbox)
I've started with Yakuza 0. Almost 100 hours in but I've pretty much finished all the mini games that I can be bothered with. Would take forever to 100% it so I'm going to be playing through the story now. I've got Kiwami (The remake of Yakuza 1) ready to play afterwards. You can pick them up for less than 20 quid each so worth giving a go.

Zero and KIwami 2 are part of Playstation Hits so never go above £15.99. The others are always on sale at some point each couple month or so on playstation

Last edited:
I've started with Yakuza 0. Almost 100 hours in but I've pretty much finished all the mini games that I can be bothered with. Would take forever to 100% it so I'm going to be playing through the story now. I've got Kiwami (The remake of Yakuza 1) ready to play afterwards. You can pick them up for less than 20 quid each so worth giving a go.
Champion. Going to get that then and start the series. I never 100% complete games fully, just try and do all side quests and the main game, don't try and collect all collectables for example. Sounds like plenty of fun though

Only 7.99 so great value if playing for that long

I'm about 35 hours into 0, think I've only just started chapter 8. Keep getting distracted with substories and some mini games, no way I'm going to 100% it though. Really enjoying it. Hope they all stay on Gamepass long enough to make my way all the way through

Hopefully Judgement and it's new sequel come to Gamepass as well at some point

Back