Yakuza

Another game I am struggling to get into, 0 that is. The lack of autosave and no voice sometimes when the characters are speaking isn't drawing me in. Think I am on chapter 3, main character is trying to get a hostess from another club.

think that bit is just to start the mini game. after that you can choose to do it or not. I think it gets right into stride about chapter 5. the text only bits are odd compared to western games like.

I think I've only took over the first area in the cabaret club one. In the real estate one I've taken over the first 3 areas, the money you get is canny mad even just for thosse
I think in real life there was some inflation over there during the 80s so it's supposed to show that to some degree.

I used a guide to see which buildings I needed for each area rather than run up to everything like

think that bit is just to start the mini game. after that you can choose to do it or not. I think it gets right into stride about chapter 5. the text only bits are odd compared to western games like.
I'll admit I often struggle to get into totally new games like. Took a while to get into zero dawn. Will keep plugging away and see what's like after chapter 5.

I think in real life there was some inflation over there during the 80s so it's supposed to show that to some degree.

I used a guide to see which buildings I needed for each area rather than run up to everything like
Aye I've done that for a few. Was a pain in the arse playing Outrun so I could eventually take over that arcade like

I'll admit I often struggle to get into totally new games like. Took a while to get into zero dawn. Will keep plugging away and see what's like after chapter 5.

I think it was about there. Maybe it just vibed with me though. The proper story bits in the main campaign were really good imo. I ws into Horizon from the start tbh. each to their own
Aye I've done that for a few. Was a pain in the arse playing Outrun so I could eventually take over that arcade like

I never bothered much with the arcade in all 7 of the main games.

Last edited:
I’ve just downloaded the remastered trilogy. Is it worth going through the older games first or should I just sack them off and start with zero? The pacing at the start of three is glacial, played about three hours and done virtually nowt so far.

I’ve just downloaded the remastered trilogy. Is it worth going through the older games first or should I just sack them off and start with zero? The pacing at the start of three is glacial, played about three hours and done virtually nowt so far.
If you want to play them chronologically then start with 0. I'm worried that now I've finished 0 I'm going to struggle once I get to 3, 4 and 5.

If you want to play them chronologically then start with 0. I'm worried that now I've finished 0 I'm going to struggle once I get to 3, 4 and 5.

sorry. I may be to blame for that.

They are decent just not as good in my personal opinion. You'll be hooked if you play through 1 and 2 so will play them I reckon.

I'd say play them in order. If you start with 3 you've missed loads of backstory. I think it's slow specifically because of what happened in the previous games and the reasons why they are at the place they are at.. 0 is a prequel so could be played at any time but it's good for context leading into 1.
Are 3, 4 and 5 worth playing? I've heard Kiwami 1 & 2 are good, but those three quite average?

If you like 1 and 2 you'll want to play the remastered collection because you'll just want to know Kiryu's story

Last edited:
sorry. I may be to blame for that.

They are decent just not as good in my personal opinion. You'll be hooked if you play through 1 and 2 so will play them I reckon.

I'd say play them in order. If you start with 3 you've missed loads of backstory. I think it's slow specifically because of what happened in the previous games and the reasons why they are at the place they are at.. 0 is a prequel so could be played at any time but it's good for context leading into 1.

If you like 1 and 2 you'll want to play the remastered collection because you'll just want to know Kiryu's story
Aye. The story has me hooked so 8ll do it but will be mainlining some of them.

Played about 10 hours of Like a Dragon and the first 3 chapters. Canny good so far and the turn based combat works well. The eating and drinking to boost stats seems to fit more into the turn based rpg style as well. Been a few quite funny bits up to now.

Spent 10 hours on Kiwami today after putting it on for an hour. Only done the first 3 chapters so far. Found the boss fight at the end of that chapter harder than any in Yakuza 0. I do really like the different way that skills are upgraded rather than using money.

Spent 10 hours on Kiwami today after putting it on for an hour. Only done the first 3 chapters so far. Found the boss fight at the end of that chapter harder than any in Yakuza 0. I do really like the different way that skills are upgraded rather than using money.

Is that the big dude at Tojo HQ?

They revamp the upgrade system slightly or majorly each game

Is that the big dude at Tojo HQ?

They revamp the upgrade system slightly or majorly each game
Aye thats him. Only just managed to beat him after using my last healing item. Been on a few hours today just arsing about getting exp and cp. Should be string enough to handle any bosses for the next few chapters now. Love that Majima is a constant pain in the arse. :lol:

Aye thats him. Only just managed to beat him after using my last healing item. Been on a few hours today just arsing about getting exp and cp. Should be string enough to handle any bosses for the next few chapters now. Love that Majima is a constant pain in the arse. :lol:

One of the reasons I'm glad I played Zero first for that reason. I think it would have been more annoying if their history wasn't know before the prequel.

Last edited:
Is there a tip to winning in the catfight in Yakuza 0? I need to win a fight to progress the Gambling King subplot but i've lost about 10 in a row, and constantly losing the button mashing match ups. What am I doing wrong? :lol:

Is there a tip to winning in the catfight in Yakuza 0? I need to win a fight to progress the Gambling King subplot but i've lost about 10 in a row, and constantly losing the button mashing match ups. What am I doing wrong? :lol:

I think I done one of them then sacked it off as had no clue what was going on, same with them slot machine games in Yakuza games. There's probably some youtube video that shows ya how to go on.

Back