Yakuza

genericus

Striker
Anyone ever played these games...just picked up the 4th one tonight for £25 and it is f***ing Quality.

Not usually a fan of Japanese games but about 3 hours in and its f***ing excellent

been told to get these as they're supposed to be a bit similar to shenmue but having played the demo for the 3rd I thought it was awful.

Ignore the shit out of the demo mate, it doesnt really show the game at all well. Yeah its pretty much shenmue without being pushed down a path. Its f***ing nuts man i love it put about 45 hours or more into 3 and started 4 and its even better because of the change up of the characters.

you can get an alarm???

Yeah have you not equiped it mate should be in your inventory, dont think it was an extra or owt or a bonus for having a y3 save i think it was just there. It bleeps when you get anywhere near a key which is f***ing mind blowing after having to hunt for the fuckers by sight in y3.

Ignore the shit out of the demo mate, it doesnt really show the game at all well. Yeah its pretty much shenmue without being pushed down a path. Its f***ing nuts man i love it put about 45 hours or more into 3 and started 4 and its even better because of the change up of the characters.

Yeah have you not equiped it mate should be in your inventory, dont think it was an extra or owt or a bonus for having a y3 save i think it was just there. It bleeps when you get anywhere near a key which is f***ing mind blowing after having to hunt for the fuckers by sight in y3.
you get it from a fella next to the lockers in the game....ill have a whirl the morra neet when i go back on it

been told to get these as they're supposed to be a bit similar to shenmue but having played the demo for the 3rd I thought it was awful.
the storyline for the first is f***ing immense, just been watching the reminiscences of the 1st game...loving the game like and smashing peoples jaws on brick walls is always fun:)

Never played any of the Yakuza games before, but I've just got a PS4 recently to play some exclusives I've missed out on so I might try a couple if these. Yakima Kiwami is £12 on the PS store atm, apparently a remake of the first Yakuza. Worth a punt at that? I'e read that Yakuza 0 is the best for quite a few people as well so might keep an eye out for that

Been playing Yakuza 0 this week. First time I've gave these games a proper go but it's class. Going to try and play them all in chronological order I think because you can pick them up for next to nowt.

Love Zero, Kiwami 1 & 2 but have found 3, 4 and 5 a drag. I want to finish 5 just so I can go back Kiryu all the way through.
Been playing Yakuza 0 this week. First time I've gave these games a proper go but it's class. Going to try and play them all in chronological order I think because you can pick them up for next to nowt.

Zero might be the best story in the series for me.
What kind of game is it?
Serious story about the criminal underworld with over the top beat em up combat and weird side missions.

Last edited:
Love Zero, Kiwami 1 & 2 but have found 3, 4 and 5 a drag. I want to finish 5 just so I can go back Kiryu all the way through.

Zero might be the best story in the series for me.

Serious story about the criminal underworld with over the top beat em up combat and weird side missions.
I'm only on chapter 4 but it's class.

Back