Xiaomi phones

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Hawkings Boots, Apr 25, 2018.

1. wilberforce

wilberforce Winger

hopefully your right mate, it's about time a big Chinese brand made it over here, the big boys need to seriously lower their prices ! they are a disgrace now........ :evil:

I used eglobalcentral for my last one
    have to admit though I'm slightly underwhelmed with the new mi mix 3. think they've missed a few glaring things out if I'm honest. still a great piece of kit, but the cynic in me thinks they are holding back on the tech to drip feed us to keep upgrading....

yamar1 likes this.
  2. SAFCGardian

SAFCGardian Midfield

I am after a new phone, can anyone recommend one for about 200 quid? I am not clued up on the latest handsets as I have had a work phone for about 3 years. Cheers

3. wilberforce

wilberforce Winger

4. I'm looking to upgrade from my iPhone 5 - it's been a faithful servant for over 6 years but is starting to fall apart now.

Any recommendations on any Chinese phones with a screen size of 5 inches max? The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen and is fine, but I'm struggling to find a phone without a massive screen.

5. yamar1

yamar1 Striker

They are excellent phones arnt they. Definitely the way forward.

6. SAFCGardian

SAFCGardian Midfield

7. wilberforce

wilberforce Winger

xiaomi mi mix 2 128gb ;)

SAFCGardian likes this.
  8. PTR

PTR Striker

You need to find out which 4G bands / Frequency EE use (that's who provides BT's mobile network), then check the phone for compatibility.

The original Oneplus One had a similar issue.

I have an Honor 9 on O2 (Tesco) and its spot on.

9. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

I'm using this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OUKITEL-Unlocked-Smartphone-6-0-inches/dp/B07GF86Y6X

That's a bit of an issue, as they tend to be larger than 5 inches, more heading towards phablet sixe. Can you cope with an extra half an inch? Oooer! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  10. Smaller ones have always suited me better. ;)

Well that's a shitter then. I find bigger phones a bit annoying. What about something that's 5.5 inches? Even something crap these days will be brilliant to me, even my iPhone 5 still does everything I want it's just starting to fail.

11. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Striker

Anyone have the Huawei P20 Lite? I'm seriously considering getting one.

12. royalmush83

royalmush83 Central Defender

I’ve got a £300 iPhone SE for my proper phone like, can’t really see any difference in performance or quality to be honest.

chevvies and yamar1 like this.
  13. Alan BStard

Alan BStard Striker

Daughter has a Mate P20 and says its awesome.

14. Rusty

Rusty Midfield

A lot of the bigger screen phones might not be as big as you’d think. Most have little to no bezel now so the screen is much larger but the device itself isn’t much bigger

15. Gutmackem

Gutmackem Winger

Aye same here, the difference was about £20

16. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Striker

I got one earlier. My last 2 phones have been Sony Xperias & I'm usually a creature of habit, but I was told to go for the Huawei in 2 different shops, so took the advice. Just waiting on the unlock code today come through & I'm up & running.

17. Patrick

Patrick Goalkeeper

A few months on, has anyone picked up one of the newer Xiaomi models? Thinking about buying one of the poco F1's but there's so many different models i'm struggling to choose one!

18. kossoff

kossoff Winger

I've got the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. Decent.

19. taipeisafc

taipeisafc Winger

Daughter has a Xiaomi 8 and wife just bought the Xiaomi 9 - seem like excellent pieces of kit and the cameras on both are very good indeed, but I am hardly a phone expert and cutting edge for me is having a colour screen and a game other than snake on a phone.

20. wilberforce

wilberforce Winger

my next phone is either the mi mix 3, or the mi 9 (struggling to pick which one, as they both look great pieces of kit, with their own advantages) I'm just waiting till they come down a touch in price, as they do fairly rapidly after a few months of release