Xiaomi phones

U have been unlucky, I would hate to have to send a phone back to china for repair.

Iv used xiaomi products for a few years now, not just the phones. Never had an issue and find them great value, quality devices. Hopefully the uk launch sorts warranty issues better, no reason why it wont.

hopefully your right mate, it's about time a big Chinese brand made it over here, the big boys need to seriously lower their prices ! they are a disgrace now........ :evil:

Always get ours from a UK based Amazon or EBay seller. You pay a bit extra, but worth it for the cover and ease of return if need be. Only had to return one handset and it was replaced and back with us in 4 days.

I used eglobalcentral for my last one
have to admit though I'm slightly underwhelmed with the new mi mix 3. think they've missed a few glaring things out if I'm honest. still a great piece of kit, but the cynic in me thinks they are holding back on the tech to drip feed us to keep upgrading....

I am after a new phone, can anyone recommend one for about 200 quid? I am not clued up on the latest handsets as I have had a work phone for about 3 years. Cheers

I'm looking to upgrade from my iPhone 5 - it's been a faithful servant for over 6 years but is starting to fall apart now.

Any recommendations on any Chinese phones with a screen size of 5 inches max? The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen and is fine, but I'm struggling to find a phone without a massive screen.

Got one of these a few months ago. Not even sure of the Model, cost €80 ish. Absolutely superb phone, quick, slick, build quality seems excellent. Was really surprised as I’ve had a few cheap smart phones from over here at similar prices and they’ve ranged from pretty shit, to totally wank!
Would recommend.
They are excellent phones arnt they. Definitely the way forward.

The only thing putting me off the Honor's etc is that if they will be 4g compatible with a BT sim that I am contracted with. I got my mam a Huawei for Xmas last year and that isn't (she also has a BT sim)
You need to find out which 4G bands / Frequency EE use (that's who provides BT's mobile network), then check the phone for compatibility.

The original Oneplus One had a similar issue.

I have an Honor 9 on O2 (Tesco) and its spot on.

I am after a new phone, can anyone recommend one for about 200 quid? I am not clued up on the latest handsets as I have had a work phone for about 3 years. Cheers
I'm using this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OUKITEL-Unlocked-Smartphone-6-0-inches/dp/B07GF86Y6X

I'm looking to upgrade from my iPhone 5 - it's been a faithful servant for over 6 years but is starting to fall apart now.

Any recommendations on any Chinese phones with a screen size of 5 inches max? The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen and is fine, but I'm struggling to find a phone without a massive screen.
That's a bit of an issue, as they tend to be larger than 5 inches, more heading towards phablet sixe. Can you cope with an extra half an inch? Oooer! :lol:

Last edited:
I'm using this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OUKITEL-Unlocked-Smartphone-6-0-inches/dp/B07GF86Y6X

That's a bit of an issue, as they tend to be larger than 5 inches, more heading towards phablet sixe. Can you cope with an extra half an inch? Oooer! :lol:

Smaller ones have always suited me better. ;)

Well that's a shitter then. I find bigger phones a bit annoying. What about something that's 5.5 inches? Even something crap these days will be brilliant to me, even my iPhone 5 still does everything I want it's just starting to fail.

Smaller ones have always suited me better. ;)

Well that's a shitter then. I find bigger phones a bit annoying. What about something that's 5.5 inches? Even something crap these days will be brilliant to me, even my iPhone 5 still does everything I want it's just starting to fail.
A lot of the bigger screen phones might not be as big as you’d think. Most have little to no bezel now so the screen is much larger but the device itself isn’t much bigger

Daughter has a Mate P20 and says its awesome.

I got one earlier. My last 2 phones have been Sony Xperias & I'm usually a creature of habit, but I was told to go for the Huawei in 2 different shops, so took the advice. Just waiting on the unlock code today come through & I'm up & running.

A few months on, has anyone picked up one of the newer Xiaomi models? Thinking about buying one of the poco F1's but there's so many different models i'm struggling to choose one!

A few months on, has anyone picked up one of the newer Xiaomi models? Thinking about buying one of the poco F1's but there's so many different models i'm struggling to choose one!

Daughter has a Xiaomi 8 and wife just bought the Xiaomi 9 - seem like excellent pieces of kit and the cameras on both are very good indeed, but I am hardly a phone expert and cutting edge for me is having a colour screen and a game other than snake on a phone.

my next phone is either the mi mix 3, or the mi 9 (struggling to pick which one, as they both look great pieces of kit, with their own advantages) I'm just waiting till they come down a touch in price, as they do fairly rapidly after a few months of release

Back