XBox One X

I was fuming as I ran the tests on the xbox on my tv and it said it wasn't HDR compatible and I was pretty certain it was HDR when I bought it.

Turns out you have to put the HDMI cable in a certain input in the tv as not all of them support HDR.

Make sure that it's not the case that you can actually make them all HDR from the tv's setup menu. My LG for instance came with only one set for HDR but I changed them all in the menu.

Is the a way to tell? I got mine from Argos and says it’s HDR like but literally have nothing to try it with, the only thing I have is my Xbox one and the virgin boxed wired up.
best off putting your tv model into google and looking at the support website that's how I came across how to do mine

On the xbox store you can download an app/game called insects. It's free and it basically shows you the difference between 4k and 1080p as well as HDR and no HDR

On the xbox store you can download an app/game called insects. It's free and it basically shows you the difference between 4k and 1080p as well as HDR and no HDR
Tried this and the difference is quite something.

I notice the difference with hdr on/off more than the 4K

Tried this and the difference is quite something.

I notice the difference with hdr on/off more than the 4K

Someone on here advised me that HDR was a must just as I was buying a cheap 4k tv thinking "4k is 4k". I looked in to it and turned out its the biggest difference. Ended up paying about £350 more but I absolutely love it. It's an Android tv so has everything I need. Netflix HDR stuff runs beautifully on it

Someone on here advised me that HDR was a must just as I was buying a cheap 4k tv thinking "4k is 4k". I looked in to it and turned out its the biggest difference. Ended up paying about £350 more but I absolutely love it. It's an Android tv so has everything I need. Netflix HDR stuff runs beautifully on it
Sony ? I’ve got an android one as well and it’s spot on

I can’t really see any .
The best way to check would be to try a rhythm game if the Xbox has one. Guitar Hero demo or something. They're generally not noticeable until you try something that requires exact precision. I've noticed playing some of my favourite rhythm games on other TVs is like playing a completely different game.

The best way to check would be to try a rhythm game if the Xbox has one. Guitar Hero demo or something. They're generally not noticeable until you try something that requires exact precision. I've noticed playing some of my favourite rhythm games on other TVs is like playing a completely different game.
I’ve got no rhythm at the best of times so probably wouldn’t notice even if there was a massive lag :)

I’ve got no rhythm at the best of times so probably wouldn’t notice even if there was a massive lag :)
:lol: Did think that as I was writing, like. Still, when you press you should still notice if your timings are way off even if you are useless. Played once on my mate's old TV and the lag was absolutely massive, couldn't believe it.

:lol: Did think that as I was writing, like. Still, when you press you should still notice if your timings are way off even if you are useless. Played once on my mate's old TV and the lag was absolutely massive, couldn't believe it.
Ah well there’s either no lag or it’s that small I don’t notice, probably the latter

Back