Wrestling - Part 3

It was a pretty bad PPV overall. On a storyline level 10/10 but ring action wise it was maybes a a generous 2.

The Wyatt and bloodline stuff is carrying the product so hard right now it's frustrating

What an absolute missed golden opportunity to have the Rock appear.

Gutted as was really hoping for that mania match.

That ending could have been done on a raw episode, why have it on last to end flat as a pancake after all the suspense.

Agree with you again. Having The Rock come out when Sami was getting smashed was perfect.

I think he *may* still come out, there is legit reasoning to believe so, as in, they've added The Rock merch on the WWE Shop, but why would you bring him out any later than now - The Spoilering of Cody's return and not brining him out ruined the entire PPV.

Agree with you again. Having The Rock come out when Sami was getting smashed was perfect.

I think he *may* still come out, there is legit reasoning to believe so, as in, they've added The Rock merch on the WWE Shop, but why would you bring him out any later than now - The Spoilering of Cody's return and not brining him out ruined the entire PPV.
Jey leaving, sets the potential for him to call in a 'family favour'.
If Zayn gets a mania title shot, could see Rock as Special guest referee in a no DQ match. (Jey and Ko behind Zayn, Jimmy, Heyman and the other behind Reigns) - sets up a 3 v 3 for summerslam or survivor series as well.
Elimination Chamber is only 3 weeks away, that'll be last chance for The Rock to appear for them to set anything up for mania.

Doesnt make sense why they used lightning on the poster, dropped new merch, name dropped him on comms and repeatedly uploaded new videos of Rocks past highlights the last few weeks and never came out to categorically deny The Rock turning up at the rumble so obviously everyone speculates it happening.

Last edited:
I really didn’t like how they did it. 1 chair shot and then just awaits his beat down. Should have had him snap properly but then the numbers game gets on top. He come across as a bit of a chump imo and I was just waiting to hear The Rock’s music blast out but never happened.
Was expecting something like Bryan/Wyatts or Rollins/Shield but like you said he just waited.

Jesus Christ what do you people want from this?

Mens RR was perfect for storyline purposes. Gives Brock the options of working with both Bobby and Gunther in the near future and giving Gunther a huge push in the process. Yes I am nowhere near a fan of Logan Paul personally but that spot with Ricochet was just visually phenomenal. The in ring action barring that was pretty much rumble-esque and what you would expect. The winner was to be expected but if it leads to a really good feud heading in WM I don't mind that at all.

Women's RR developed further feuds between Becky/Damage Ctrl and built Raquel up to look dominant as well. Again the winner was expected but god damn is she the future of the WWE and I don't just mean the women's division there either. Also having Asuka looking f***ing awesome was a joyous sight for me.

The two matches were so-so at best and not given anywhere near enough time, but considering what was going on around it, I'm not really surprised.

The main event storyline wise was absolute perfection with Sami playing his role out of this world. Also watching Jey walk away at the end opens up endless possibilities as I'd love to see a return of Main Event Jey. All the workers in the main event are on another level right now and this has been the best storyline in years and I can't even tell where they are going to go with this in the long term.

I'll take it down to an 8/10 for the two matches in the middle feeling like filler, but overall I felt that was brilliantly done and the right people got the right pushed at the right time.

Blessing in disguise, he's been awful in just about every match he's had since about 2005.
Fans just want the entrance nowadays. They're lacking so much in big stars we keep going backwards, WWE has done this for years now. I'm actually glad he's not back and I love the Rock.

Mens RR was perfect for storyline purposes. Gives Brock the options of working with both Bobby and Gunther in the near future and giving Gunther a huge push in the process. Yes I am nowhere near a fan of Logan Paul personally but that spot with Ricochet was just visually phenomenal. The in ring action barring that was pretty much rumble-esque and what you would expect. The winner was to be expected but if it leads to a really good feud heading in WM I don't mind that at all.

Women's RR developed further feuds between Becky/Damage Ctrl and built Raquel up to look dominant as well. Again the winner was expected but god damn is she the future of the WWE and I don't just mean the women's division there either. Also having Asuka looking f***ing awesome was a joyous sight for me.

The two matches were so-so at best and not given anywhere near enough time, but considering what was going on around it, I'm not really surprised.

The main event storyline wise was absolute perfection with Sami playing his role out of this world. Also watching Jey walk away at the end opens up endless possibilities as I'd love to see a return of Main Event Jey. All the workers in the main event are on another level right now and this has been the best storyline in years and I can't even tell where they are going to go with this in the long term.

I'll take it down to an 8/10 for the two matches in the middle feeling like filler, but overall I felt that was brilliantly done and the right people got the right pushed at the right time.
^knars.

Royal Rumble matches are usually shit, just a vehicle for the winner, but there was so many storylines and some great wrestling. That Logan Paul/Ricochet thing was spectacular and I want Rhea Ripley to poke my eyes out.

Sami Zayn was excellent. The conflict he displayed after the chair shot was perfect.

Aye pretty much that, I enjoyed it, like I said before Rhodes does fuck all for me and I’ve no interest in seeing him take the belts but Gunther was something else, Sami on a different level and showed a long slow built feud does work in the fed.

It's the fact they spoilered his return and brought him out at 30. It became obvious as the match progressed therefore ruined the anticipation. Anticipation and unexpected returns are generally the crutch of a good Royal Rumble.

The start was fast and frantic bringing out Sheamus Drew etc out early but declined fast. It's clear they see Gunther as a future face of the company, he smashed the record of the longest ever Royal Rumble stint - And it wasn't even close, 71 minutes beating the next record set by Rey of 62 minutes.

That's the only things they got right.

Back