Wrestling - Part 3

RAW defintely felt different. All centred around the US belt, promo video to go with it.

First 2 matches were absolute bangers, but too many camera cuts and the crowd for some reason wasn't interested in them and ruined the whole thing.
The 450 splash into Styles Clash was so good. Another criticism would be Saxton just doesn't offer anything, he's worse than Cole nowadays... Michael Cole is widely regarded as the worst but ever since he took a step back and let McAfee take lead he's actually won praise, good for him tbh.

Last edited:
RAW peaked at 2.4 million first hour, average 2.2 million. The highest since March 2020.

Triple W.
Show after Summerslam always gets a big boost, same with Wrestlemania the HHH news obviously would of helped as well it will be interesting to see where it’s at in a month’s time, will it hold or just drop back to the 1.7s again.
I also see Hacksaw Jim Duggan once again took a 2x4 to cancers arse and won.
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
The Hung Bucks? If Omega isn’t ready, I’ll take it, should be a big storyline with everyone involved.

Moxley “The Blackpool Combat Club will make the Hart dungeon look like a daycare” what a great line that is.

More Jamie Hayter on my tv please 🙏 for a variety of reasons 😂

I thought Matt and Christian done well there considering I didn’t expect much between the two, Christian is a Pussy on Jungle lads top was a nice touch 😂

Max Casters rap 😂😂😂
Next week is stacked.
Mance Warner getting a chance is something I never thought I’d see, good luck to him.

Last edited:
I feel AEW needs another CM Punk debut moment. Purely from a business perspective.

As Meltzer's pointed out, the umbrella TNT are under - Warner Bros, Discovery, WMD etc. are going through some serious austerity cuts and are very much done with reality TV shows, AEW included in that. And with the ratings constantly stagnating around 950,000 mark isn't a great selling point, companies want to see growth and growth in their profit margins.

I can see Khan sacking off the Friday night show and sticking Dynamite against the weakest of the WWE brands in order to generate a new deal.

Last edited:
I feel AEW needs another CM Punk debut moment. Purely from a business perspective.

As Meltzer's pointed out, the umbrella TNT are under - Warner Bros, Discovery, WMD etc. are going through some serious austerity cuts and are very much done with reality TV shows, AEW included in that. And with the ratings constantly stagnating around 950,000 mark isn't a great selling point, companies want to see growth and growth in their profit margins.

I can see Khan sacking off the Friday night show and sticking Dynamite against the weakest of the WWE brands in order to generate a new deal.
AEW will be fine, if Warner Bros don’t pick it up they can go else where, No1 for the night every week pretty much ( if not always in the top 5) 850,000 - 1.1mil viewership and 0.32-0.45 in the main demo for a 3 year company is great tbh, Rampage will probably get another hour at some point, the problem with that is it’s on late. I’ll be amazed if they don’t get a new deal be it with Warner/Discovery merger or somewhere else.
Meltzer has been a bit doom and gloom recently 😂 not sure why Brandon Thurston is a good bloke to listen to about tv deals, ratings etc.
Just to add I hate talking about ratings, as long as the tv company is happy that’s good for wrestling fans of which ever company you prefer, be it WWE, IMPACT, AEW and so forth, I think people take to much stock in them as the Nielsen rating system is outdated to holy hell and doesn’t tell you how many people are recording it, watching a replay, online and then it’s still just an estimate.
Obviously it’s good to see the rating’s go up but it literally makes no difference to ourselves the only people who should care are the tv executive’s and the people who own the companies.
😂 I’m done talking about that shite now 😂

Last edited:
Just to add I hate talking about ratings, as long as the tv company is happy that’s good for wrestling fans of which ever company you prefer, be it WWE, IMPACT, AEW and so forth, I think people take to much stock in them as the Nielsen rating system is outdated to holy hell and doesn’t tell you how many people are recording it, watching a replay, online and then it’s still just an estimate.

You're spot on with this. The quality of the product is alot more important than ratings. But we live in a greedy world of capitalism where they companies want to see growth and growth in profit margins.

Fyi I think Meltzer is outdated when it comes to Wrestling, but he does have a point, but at the same time he's over-exaggerated the situation.

The way I see it is - Yes AEW won't be staying with Discovery, he does have a point saying Networks will look at the ratings and see stagnation but does that mean they'll struggle for a new deal? Absolutely not. It's a proven financial success for a network, in the UK I can see Sky picking up AEW to compete with BT/WWE. But I'm not educated enough about American networks to give a prediction about where they might end up in the US

You're spot on with this. The quality of the product is alot more important than ratings. But we live in a greedy world of capitalism where they companies want to see growth and growth in profit margins.

Fyi I think Meltzer is outdated when it comes to Wrestling, but he does have a point, but at the same time he's over-exaggerated the situation.

The way I see it is - Yes AEW won't be staying with Discovery, he does have a point saying Networks will look at the ratings and see stagnation but does that mean they'll struggle for a new deal? Absolutely not. It's a proven financial success for a network, in the UK I can see Sky picking up AEW to compete with BT/WWE. But I'm not educated enough about American networks to give a prediction about where they might end up in the US
I know AEW ended up on the earning slides that Warner Bro Discovery released yesterday as well and they usually tout the ratings every week, could mean absolutely nothing like 😂 I remember when AOL and Warner merged they got rid of WCW even though it still had the highest rating on the network (even though it was terrible at that point) I guess we’ll find out soon enough either way.

Worst wrestling attire yet -

Cowboy Shit Hangman Page.

Clean jeans with pretty coloured butterflies. Ffs.
Butterflies mean new beginnings, transformation, trusting ourselves etc it will be why he was wearing them ( reconciling with the bucks) BUT yes they were terrible 😂

Ain't AEW the highest rated show on their TV though?

I don't think this will effect them that much tbh.

It affects them very much when they say 'We don't want any reality TV programs on our network' Couldn't paint it anymore black and white they've no interest in renewing a new deal.

It's simply a change in business model among austerity cuts

It affects them very much when they say 'We don't want any reality TV programs on our network' Couldn't paint it anymore black and white they've no interest in renewing a new deal.

It's simply a change in business model among austerity cuts
Wrestling is fantasy as fuck, it's as close to reality as Star Wars is.

It is apart from like NHL and the occasional baseball marra, like I said earlier I don’t see it moving from where it’s at (maybe’s HBO Max as that’s owned by Warner Discovery) but if it does they’ll have plenty of suitor’s, I honestly think people are just saying it as Meltzer was skeptical but the funny thing is usually people shit on Meltzer 😂😂 saying he hasn’t a clue (I don’t mind him personally) I guess they just want AEW to die or something.

Just to clarify I don’t mean Coynee but more so people on social media who are frothing at the mouth for any bad news they can get 😂
Everyone has an opinion but Twitter and the like is just people looking to complain constantly it’s an absolute cancer.
I see Kross returned tonight, quicker than I expected, I’d expect Gargano on Raw as it’s in his hometown and Tommasa Ciampa is in a biggish match.

Last edited:

Back