Wrestling - Part 3

Anyone see the promo video during the MITB?

Had serious Bray Wyatt vibes to it but majority of Reddit saying it's a complete Edge character overhaul - The broken glasses, the table and the burnt out Latino Heat car reg plate representing his 3 biggest feuds.

Anyone see the promo video during the MITB?

Had serious Bray Wyatt vibes to it but majority of Reddit saying it's a complete Edge character overhaul - The broken glasses, the table and the burnt out Latino Heat car reg plate representing his 3 biggest feuds.
Got to be Edge

Last edited:
I thought Edge objected to his character going down the supernatural route?
He did from what I read, but he obviously wanted a darker character with that group he was in, so just guessing it’s him with the hints in the video package.
Anyone seen Daddy Magic Matt Menards (still laugh at this name) promo, absolutely class
Was on YouTube but age restricted, so Twitter version -

Last edited:
Hopefully with Wardlow winning it means the title will actually stay on someone longer than a few matches.
Christian going for the jugular on every one 😂
Being in Rochester tonight reminded me of how Brodie Lee was meant to debut there before the pandemic, RIP Fella
Just done a little segment with his kid there as well, nice touch.
FTR V Briscoes 2?

Logon or register to see this image

Thought that was the weakest Dynamite in some time, was some canny stuff, some meh stuff, just didn’t flow well for me personally, it wasn’t bad like, just not the usual standard 😂

Last edited:
AEW fans:

That Jeff Hardy storyline with Sheamus is a disgrace and it's part of the reason why he's still battling his demons

Also AEW fans:

Christian telling Matt he's making Jeff sound like the sober one is so funny L O L L M A O.

Attack one then attack the other ffs. :D

AEW fans:

That Jeff Hardy storyline with Sheamus is a disgrace and it's part of the reason why he's still battling his demons

Also AEW fans:

Christian telling Matt he's making Jeff sound like the sober one is so funny L O L L M A O.

Trying to compare a half a year storyline of Jeff Hardy and Sheamus to a one liner from Christian Cage to Matt Hardy in a storyline on why Christian turned on Jungle Boy 😂😂😂

AEW fans:

Also AEW fans:

One where Jeff is directly involved and one where he isn’t, yeh it’s completely the same.
Thought MITB was the best PPV's WWE have done in recent times. Every match was good - Liv Morgan was incredible during the MITB match, Riddle awesome, even Omos played his role well.

The only disappointment was the choice of Men's MITB winner.

It's an easy 9/10. And it's probably been years since I last rated a WWE PPV so highly
Competition is healthy for the industry. 2 banger PPV's from 2 different companies.
I bet it took a while for you to be able to physically write that :lol: Waiting to have a pop and such a bad effort when you have:lol:

One where Jeff is directly involved and one where he isn’t, yeh it’s completely the same.

I bet it took a while for you to be able to physically write that :lol: Waiting to have a pop and such a bad effort when you have:lol:

Why do you think I'm biased? I'm completely sat on the fence. I watch the Wednesday night AEW and Friday night Smackdown!

But if you're gonna attack 1 then attack the other!

I casually watched WWE when I was younger. Havent followed it since ‘07ish but over the years have watched lots of shoot stuff on youtube. A few months ago I discovered Conrad Thompsons podcasts and have been powering through them, particularly Eric Bischoffs one.

Anyway, one thing that bugs me is Thompson bases them all around what “Dave Meltzer wrote”. Id never heard him before and having looked him up I fail to see why his reports are so important. Do proper wrestling fans actually give a shit what Meltzer thinks?

I casually watched WWE when I was younger. Havent followed it since ‘07ish but over the years have watched lots of shoot stuff on youtube. A few months ago I discovered Conrad Thompsons podcasts and have been powering through them, particularly Eric Bischoffs one.

Anyway, one thing that bugs me is Thompson bases them all around what “Dave Meltzer wrote”. Id never heard him before and having looked him up I fail to see why his reports are so important. Do proper wrestling fans actually give a shit what Meltzer thinks?
The internet wrestling community claims to absolutely hate Meltzer but then still refer to his ratings of matches, I’d still say it’s newsworthy when he rates a match 5 stars as it’s quite rare. He hedges his bets with almost everything he reports “the plan currently is…but that might change”

The internet wrestling community claims to absolutely hate Meltzer but then still refer to his ratings of matches, I’d still say it’s newsworthy when he rates a match 5 stars as it’s quite rare. He hedges his bets with almost everything he reports “the plan currently is…but that might change”

I find Sean Ross Sapp / Fightful the most reputable nowadays. He's gotten alot of the exclusives right in recent times and anything else he does find he credits his original source rather than trying to credit as his own.

All of his stuff is behind a paywall but there's 1000's of websites who will copy the news as their own on a free to view and credit it as their own.

The ratings all seem so contrived, some of Kurt Angles best matches for example getting 3.75 stars etc.

He's probably just the guy who has wrote most about what happened including backstage stuff consistently over the last 50 years, whether it's true or rumour so it's great for a podcaster to pick through and find questions from.

His 5 star (6/7 star) ratings have also been the biggest used system for rating fights and gets the most credit for its ratings in terms of journalistic integrity. But like anything it's up to you whether you think they are good or not, end of the day it's just his opinion.

Why do you think I'm biased? I'm completely sat on the fence. I watch the Wednesday night AEW and Friday night Smackdown!

But if you're gonna attack 1 then attack the other!
1 is clearly worse than the other, you’re trying to balance them out in WWE’s favour - biased/not sat on the fence.
He's probably just the guy who has wrote most about what happened including backstage stuff consistently over the last 50 years, whether it's true or rumour so it's great for a podcaster to pick through and find questions from.

His 5 star (6/7 star) ratings have also been the biggest used system for rating fights and gets the most credit for its ratings in terms of journalistic integrity. But like anything it's up to you whether you think they are good or not, end of the day it's just his opinion.
I could be wrong but haven’t some of the talent referenced his ratings recently too? Feel like I’ve noticed that when watching.

Last edited:
1 is clearly worse than the other, you’re trying to balance them out in WWE’s favour - biased/not sat on the fence.

As someone who has lost both parents to alcohol. I found when WWE did the alcohol shit with Jericho and Punk very unsettling too!

It's Sports Entertainment, it's not a place for the type of gags and acting.

As someone who has lost both parents to alcohol. I found when WWE did the alcohol shit with Jericho and Punk very unsettling too!

It's Sports Entertainment, it's not a place for the type of gags and acting.
Sorry to hear that.

Agree; Jeff’s demons shouldn’t be used with him directly in a storyline. I don’t feel like the two are comparable though with what WWE did and AEW referencing it in a sentence.

On a slightly related note, I was rather surprised to see he pleaded not guilty. Not sure the reasoning behind that but seems odd considering the footage.

Back