Wrestling - Part 3

Did an unusual thing today and bought the WWE 2k22, hadn't bought a Wrestling game since the Smackdown series during the attitude era because of all the bad reviews the 2K games had.

Downloaded all the major AEW characters and created a WWE x AEW universe and surprisingly enjoying it. It's a shame it took 22 years for 2K to make a decent wrestling game, even Vince agrees as they're in talks with EA about making the new games from next year onwards.

Did an unusual thing today and bought the WWE 2k22, hadn't bought a Wrestling game since the Smackdown series during the attitude era because of all the bad reviews the 2K games had.

Downloaded all the major AEW characters and created a WWE x AEW universe and surprisingly enjoying it. It's a shame it took 22 years for 2K to make a decent wrestling game, even Vince agrees as they're in talks with EA about making the new games from next year onwards.
Just makes me think of that video where someone had edited the game to have brock lesnar necking on with someone for his entrance :lol:

I believe Blood and Guts broke the AEW 1 million mark viewership for the first time ever? Open to correction to that one but I'm happy to see progress for the wrestling industry overall rather than us vs them.

Sucks Kevin Owens got (what is believed to be) COVID, the last spot was meant to be either KO or Elias/Ezekiel/Elroad but the match was scrapped for Ezekiel to appear in a Fatal 4 way to lose to Madcap Moss - Moss is a Paul Heyman guy and genuinely looks like a future main carder but I can't help but feel they're pushing Moss too hard too soon. Ezekeil was the perfect fit for which could of been the best men's MITB card so far.

I believe Blood and Guts broke the AEW 1 million mark viewership for the first time ever? Open to correction to that one but I'm happy to see progress for the wrestling industry overall rather than us vs them.

Sucks Kevin Owens got (what is believed to be) COVID, the last spot was meant to be either KO or Elias/Ezekiel/Elroad but the match was scrapped for Ezekiel to appear in a Fatal 4 way to lose to Madcap Moss - Moss is a Paul Heyman guy and genuinely looks like a future main carder but I can't help but feel they're pushing Moss too hard too soon. Ezekeil was the perfect fit for which could of been the best men's MITB card so far.
It’s got over a million a canny bit, seems to fluctuate anywhere between 775,000 and 1.2mil, it’s really odd, usually finishes no.1 for the night unless the basketball playoffs are on. As long as Warner media are happy that’s good for wrestling.

Do we think the money in the bank matches will be first and last? Only thing I’m interested in even though I’m fairly certain who wins.
I guess not 😂, will have to have a look occasionally whilst watching ufc.

Last edited:
It’s got over a million a canny bit, seems to fluctuate anywhere between 775,000 and 1.2mil, it’s really odd, usually finishes no.1 for the night unless the basketball playoffs are on. As long as Warner media are happy that’s good for wrestling.

Do we think the money in the bank matches will be first and last? Only thing I’m interested in even though I’m fairly certain who wins.
I guess not 😂, will have to have a look occasionally whilst watching ufc.
Something changed to the card? I’m planning on watching if I stay awake/wake up (settee is my place to hopefully catch it).

Something changed to the card? I’m planning on watching if I stay awake/wake up (settee is my place to hopefully catch it).
Oh I’ve no idea marra just wondering if MITB is on 1st and last (love a ladder match😂) honestly not sure what’s on the actual show apart from both ladder matches. More interested In ufc tonight.

Last edited:
Oh I’ve no idea marra just wondering if MITB is on 1st and last (love a ladder match😂) honesty not sure what’s on the actual show apart from both ladder matches. More interested In ufc tonight.
Very much the same mate. I thought your update to your post was referring to expected winners. Assumed who you thought would win had pulled out haha.

On another note, just checked on the MJF crack and I didn’t realise he’s just wiped from everything regarding AEW. What’s the thoughts on that then? A massive slow build up to major scenes or genuine stand off?

Very much the same mate. I thought your update to your post was referring to expected winners. Assumed who you thought would win had pulled out haha.

On another note, just checked on the MJF crack and I didn’t realise he’s just wiped from everything regarding AEW. What’s the thoughts on that then? A massive slow build up to major scenes or genuine stand off?
Personally think it’s a slow build to something, I obviously could be completely wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time 😂 but I just can’t imagine any company basically allowing someone “who wants to leave” go out on live tv and say what ever he want’s, wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t see him until the unification match between Moxley and Punk if it’s in a couple months with him battering punk .
This is what I expected the title to be, should be good seeing it being defended in loads of different places.

Last edited:
Ok so after watching both MITB matches I have a few opinion’s, you’re probably going to disagree with but here goes 😂
Right Liv was the right choice here, no problems with that, my problem arises from her cashing in instantly again, we’ve had Nikki cross, Asuka, Alexa Bliss, Bayley and now Liv all cash in within 2 days of winning the thing can we not get a story out of it, I literally complained about this at the last MITB on here, it’s like you win and it has to be used immediately.
The other issue I had is when she won the belt, why was Ronda hugging her, surely she should at least be annoyed? Anyway I’m glad Liv won something finally I just hope they don’t book her like an underdog champion

Why is Austin Theory even in the thing? He lost the us title and gets put in the MITB as a reward, he was involved in what? a minute of the match then wins, why didn’t they do Rollins winning, cashing in on Reigns at SS, have Cody win the RR, rematch wrestlemania Cody wins the big one he’s been after against his big and only rival since returning it literally was staring them in the face or at least give it to Riddle, and yes I know Austin Theory is going to be a big star eventually it just didn’t make any sense to give him it

My mate telt me the tag match was good so I’ll have to check that out tomorrow
Adesanya coming out like the the Undertaker In ufc, hope he gets sparked (probably won’t like😂)

Last edited:
Thought MITB was the best PPV's WWE have done in recent times. Every match was good - Liv Morgan was incredible during the MITB match, Riddle awesome, even Omos played his role well.

The only disappointment was the choice of Men's MITB winner.

It's an easy 9/10. And it's probably been years since I last rated a WWE PPV so highly
Competition is healthy for the industry. 2 banger PPV's from 2 different companies.

Last edited:

Back