Wrestling - Part 3

Even more cost cutting and cut backs show just how bad a shape the WWE are in financially. Was obvious to anyone who doesn't live in Vinces bubble that the writing was on the wall years ago....but according to the usual suspects on here (@Iceman97) they've never had it so good!! Idiots.

My understanding is that they aren't in financial trouble per se...more that they aren't anywhere close to reaching their year end budget target so cutting some cost to help get closer.

Anyone else from the SMB in New York for Summerslam weekend?

Going to the show?

Are you f***ing kidding me? I'm the absolute antithesis of the Internet fan.... That moniker belongs to the vast majority of here who haven't got a f***ing clue what even constitutes an average wrestling match let alone an 'awesome' one.

Settle down wrestling police

Both raw and smackdown have gone a bit shit haven't they. Can't stand Rusev and Strauman. Interesting to see if they let Cena break the record. Looks like a no at the minute.

SD's been alright lately, definitely not as good as before the roster mix-up, it definitely hurt the brand alot.
Last week's SD was a bad one though, it was a typical PPV hype up show, but without the PPV being on that week.

RAW has the better Summerslam card by far however, it just shows how much more interesting the product would be if it was put back down to 2 hours, I feel the Smackdown side of the SS card is on the weak side - Does anyone actually care about Natalya/Naomi or even a non title match with Orton and Rusev?! The US belt match and the possible MITB cash in for the Heavyweight belt are its saving graces.

mate you are a moron and know nowt about wrestling.
It's clear who knows nothing on this thread......if i gave two fucks, it would be very easy to highlight just how right i've been about the way the WWE is heading under Vince, and just how completely wrong a lot others have been.

My understanding is that they aren't in financial trouble per se...more that they aren't anywhere close to reaching their year end budget target so cutting some cost to help get closer.
With respect, you're understanding is wrong. As I've said for ages now, the ratings are in terminal decline. Cena has been at the forefront of a disastrous decade for the company, literally millions have fans have had enough of the ludicrous booking around this fella (and now Reigns) and have switched the channel. The profits that are being reported (through a very disingenuous channel as well) are minuscule compared to turnover to the point where they've stopped using pyro FFS on RAW. Think about how bad things are to make that kind of call!

I would not be surprised at all if RAW and Smackdown are moved to the Network come the renewal of the TV deal such is the state of play with the decline in viewership. What pisses me off is that for some reason the fan boys can not see what is front of their eyes and continue to defend Vince at every turn.

Ditch the third hour, ditch Vince, Dunn and Road Dogg, ditch this obsession with emasculated bullshit such as New Day, Breezango etc and go back to basics.Simulated combat woven around a story you can invest in!

Last edited:
Naitch update via Dave Meltzer
He's out of surgery.

It's good that he's out of surgery.

It's still real bad. I had it just told to me in some detail, not exactly identical, but very similar to what happened to my dad. However, his kidneys are functioning which is the main difference and no cancer issues.

It's clear who knows nothing on this thread......if i gave two fucks, it would be very easy to highlight just how right i've been about the way the WWE is heading under Vince, and just how completely wrong a lot others have been.

With respect, you're understanding is wrong. As I've said for ages now, the ratings are in terminal decline. Cena has been at the forefront of a disastrous decade for the company, literally millions have fans have had enough of the ludicrous booking around this fella (and now Reigns) and have switched the channel. The profits that are being reported (through a very disingenuous channel as well) are minuscule compared to turnover to the point where they've stopped using pyro FFS on RAW. Think about how bad things are to make that kind of call!

I would not be surprised at all if RAW and Smackdown are moved to the Network come the renewal of the TV deal such is the state of play with the decline in viewership. What pisses me off is that for some reason the fan boys can not see what is front of their eyes and continue to defend Vince at every turn.

Ditch the third hour, ditch Vince, Dunn and Road Dogg, ditch this obsession with emasculated bullshit such as New Day, Breezango etc and go back to basics.Simulated combat woven around a story you can invest in!
Get a grip you virgin

Aye, ditch the stuff people tune in for :rolleyes:

Back