would you rather beat tranmere or portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portsmouth without a doubt.

I’m not overly bothered about this cup. It’s exciting for the players as it’s probably the only chance (apart from the play offs) that they’ll ever play at Wembley.

As for the club, it’s a reminder that something has gone seriously wrong in the last few years.
:lol: Half the buggers have barely been away from the place.

Portsmouth.

Being in that final is humiliating hopefully we'll lose that and come through it injury free

Can’t believe I’m still reading posts that it’s an embarrassment if we win this trophy.

fuck me
Unreal, isn’t it? Even people saying hopefully we’ll lose it. Wouldn’t have cared less if we’d been knocked out, but once you’re in the final, you may as well win it. Be more embarrassing to lose to a League 2 team now I reckon.

I know it's a hypothetical question but football isn't a hypothetical sport. We could easily win both or easily lose both. I'm not nailing my colours to either mast on offer. I'm firmly going for WIN BOTH and not lose till the end of the season! ;)

In fairness there's probably a middle ground on this
Perhaps ;)

The fact remains what I said above, it is embarrassing that Sunderland have entered this cup. Phrasing it a few other ways, who thinks our recent history is good, or who is not disappointed that we are currently going through the worse period since the club was formed in 1879, having been a top flight club for a number of years, until just 4 years ago?

Amazed so many are saying Tranmere.

Getting promotion is the priority surely, and the cup just a fun distraction.
This. It would be nice to win the trophy, especially for those watching at home with their bairns, but it's a nowt trophy that means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Hell, it's only for lower league clubs and even most of them make loads of changes until the latter stages because they don't prioritise it. We've all seen us win the second tier, that's much better than winning this bloody thing, winning promotion from league one would be as well. Now we're in the final I hope we win it, but if we lost it would take me about 5 minutes to get over it, especially if we'd beaten Portsmouth away a few days prior and were breathing down the neck of the top two

im sorry but I can't believe you think we are as big as West ham

OK trophies aside West ham definitely have a bigger Fanbase than us and always have done, Upton Park was too small for them

west ham have always had excellent support
What a complete and utter f***ing pile of complete shite.

have you mad any historical comparisons between the clubs .
As in trophies attendances etc .

What a complete and utter f***ing pile of complete shite.

have you mad any historical comparisons between the clubs .
As in trophies attendances etc .

He's blatantly on a wind up tbf. Especially because he's spouting off "facts" about which clubs are bigger despite the fact there isn't a universally agreed definition. If he thinks that current league position and attendance is all that matters then of course you'd have West Ham above us. For many people (I think most people) you also consider total trophies won (albeit newer ones would have a higher weighting), historical attendances, number of years in the top flight overall. Hell I even consider how many fans keep going when they're doing badly because that's the actual fan base, not just those who turn up for PL football. For me overall there's no question between us and west ham, we're bigger. But normally fans are prone to weigh these things in a way which pushes their club higher up. The fact he's doing the complete opposite suggests he's just out for a reaction, and likely isn't a Sunderland fan.

Last edited:
What do people want, seriously? No trophy, only promotion counts to some people. Then what? Promotion again with in 2 years? And then top half within another 2 years? And from then on, champions league for a few years until that gets boring and only winning Premier League counts.

He's blatantly on a wind up tbf. Especially because he's spouting off "facts" about which clubs are bigger despite the fact there isn't a universally agreed definition. If he thinks that current league position and attendance is all that matters then of course you'd have West Ham above us. For many people (I think most people) you also consider total trophies won (albeit newer ones would have a higher weighting), historical attendances, number of years in the top flight overall. Hell I even consider how many fans keep going when they're doing badly because that's the actual fan base, not just those who turn up for PL football. For me overall there's no question between us and west ham, we're bigger. But normally fans are prone to weigh these things in a way which pushes their club higher up. The fact he's doing the complete opposite suggests he's just out for a reaction.
Top post .

Historically they have been a nothing club in London , I would argue they where smaller than Charlton Athletic originally .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back