would you rather beat tranmere or portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul1979

Subs Bench
you can only win one and lose the other

i rather beat tranmere even if its a mickey mouse cup, still seeing the lads win a trophy at wembley, even on tv, would be special we probs wont get more more opportunities

if we lose tomorrow we could still go up top 2 or via playoffs, or we walk it next season

to see the lads win at wembley would be a dream

If it were a choice, Portsmouth. Ifs and buts, but another way of asking is, would you risk promotion out of this league to win a lower league cup that is an embarrassment that Sunderland have even entered?

We have to get out of league 1 at all costs.

If it were a choice, Portsmouth. Ifs and buts, but another way of asking is, would you risk promotion out of this league to win a lower league cup that is an embarrassment that Sunderland have even entered?

We have to get out of league 1 at all costs.

no offense but may not see safc win another trophy in our lifes

a trophy is a trophy

Toughie. If we absolutely had to win one or the other I would say ironically Portsmouth. I say ironic because I got over it when we lost to them when the FT whistle blew at Wembley in the same competition final at the same place we are playing Tranmere. It is now a game against Portsmouth that is more important to me. I didn't get over as quickly losing to Charlton in the Play-Off final. I knew it meant much more. It meant another season in League One.

no offense but may not see safc win another trophy in our lifes

a trophy is a trophy
Hey kids, I remember when we were so shit we had a double relegation into a league with tiny clubs, could not get out of it, living through the worst period in Sunderland’s long history, but we won a cup no decent team can enter.

The embarrassing thing is, if we win it, for years people will rub it in the mags faces.

Obviously promotion and the cup, but a choice between no promotion and the cup, no choice for me.

Tin hat on, but.... Tranmere ALL day long ! I've never seen sunderland win at Wembley. And GOD DAMN IT., I want to know what the feeling is like 😬
I think even if Portsmouth beat us, we still have enough games and quality in the squad to go up still
That's my reasons

Tin hat on, but.... Tranmere ALL day long ! I've never seen sunderland win at Wembley. And GOD DAMN IT., I want to know what the feeling is like 😬
I think even if Portsmouth beat us, we still have enough games and quality in the squad to go up still
That's my reasons

exactly my thinking sir

you can only win one and lose the other

i rather beat tranmere even if its a mickey mouse cup, still seeing the lads win a trophy at wembley, even on tv, would be special we probs wont get more more opportunities

if we lose tomorrow we could still go up top 2 or via playoffs, or we walk it next season

to see the lads win at wembley would be a dream
Ughhhhhhhhh reserve for a reason.

Tranmere. Get the Wembley monkey off our back... If we do go through the play-offs no talk of "haven't won at Wembley 48 years etc.. Or 9 or 10 attempts". Done this season can do it again.

Plenty of points to play for.

That's my reasons

Exactly, the narrative seems to be that Pompey is last chance saloon for promotion. We’ll lose/ draw games in the league regardless of sunday result.

If anything losing to Tranmere would harm our promotion push more. Losing to a league 2 side will destroy the momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back