Would you like to change to online statements....

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised anybody wants paper statements these days.

thing I didnt like about them was I was petrified of fraud and had to shred them to pieces before binning them.

and the jobs lost printing them...
:D :D

Hand printed bank statements??

We still use cheques over here. I hadn't written one in years before I moved to the US, I still have to write 2 or 3 per week. Mind boggling. The banking system here is a nightmare.
Aye and more expensive than here I seem to remember. Do you still pay a monthly fee, and fees for depositing and writing cheques and stuff?

Last edited:

Hand printed bank statements??

Aye and more expensive than here I seem to remember. Do you still pay a monthly fee, and fees for depositing and writing cheques and stuff?
staff preparing and mailing them yes. i use the staff tills in supermarkets too. i like to see people keep jobs.

to save paper, NO i f***ing dont.... im asked this question nearly every time i log into online banking accounts. every time i click no, as i prefer paper copys. the box needs unchecked to try and catch you out too. how many times do they need told. rant over.
I can solve that for you , just do what i did and close online banking:lol:
Keep getting bank notifications that we daren't open ( in case their fake ) we got hacked a few years ago so binned it.

That envelope won't see a human hand until it's reached the post office man.
keeps the posties buisy then. you get my point.

I can solve that for you , just do what i did and close online banking:lol:
Keep getting bank notifications that we daren't open ( in case their fake ) we got hacked a few years ago so binned it.
it has its advantages i must admit. i just like a paper statement too.

staff preparing and mailing them yes. i use the staff tills in supermarkets too. i like to see people keep jobs.
Aw bless you.

No one stuffs envelopes by hand now man. All your paper statements are fully automated. Banks literally have millions of these to print and send. It's all done by machine.

It's rather ironic that people who try and use the most costly types of services in order to preserve jobs are actually doing the opposite.

In a capitalist economy the aim is to provide the best service at the lowest cost of provision in order to maximise profit for the shareholders. By continuing to use the more costly channel over the cheaper, the company will have to look to streamline services elsewhere, probably laying off staff in other areas or trying to introduce even cheaper methods of provision, possibly cutting wages to keep costs down. If they fail, they'll be taken over and the new owners will slash jobs to make economies anyway.

:)

Last edited:
Aw bless you.

No one stuffs envelopes by hand now man. All your paper statements are fully automated. Banks literally have millions of these to print and send. It's all done by machine.

It's rather ironic that people who try and use the most costly types of services in order to preserve jobs are actually doing the opposite.

In a capitalist economy the aim is to provide the best service at the lowest cost of provision in order to maximise profit for the shareholders. By continuing to use the more costly channel over the cheaper, the company will have to look to streamline services elsewhere, probably laying off staff in other areas or trying to introduce even cheaper methods of provision, possibly cutting wages to keep costs down. If they fail, they'll be taken over and the new owners will slash jobs to make economies anyway.

:)

get fucked you sarky knacker

They will wear you down eventually and you will forget to untick the box.

Then you will try to move to another bank and that bank will say they need proof of a statement from the last 2 months from your existing bank - and won't accept ones you have printed yourself.

Think this must have happened to me. Havent had a paper statement for yonks even though ive always said i wanted to keep physical statements when asked. Been done over with a missed tick box

Not in Ireland, I got a credit union loan recently and they insisted on paper statement from the bank. Reason given that your own paper statements could be manipulated - photocopying/photoshopped etc.

This is a very good reason to obtain a paper statement. However, this can be requested as and when needed rather than stick to regular paper statements.

Why do you need paper statements if you have online banking?

Because online statements aren't always acceptable when you're applying for mortgages etc. It depends on the bank whether you get a pdf version of the paper statement, or an electronic list with no logos, urls or authenticating marks.

The fewer letters through my door the better.

Everyone accepts a self-printed statement now, so who cares?

No they don't

Think of this though. I opened a letter the other day and it was actually the bloke next door's bank statement. I know how much he's got, what he earns, where he spends it etc. Not that it's any use except for nosey purposes. Wouldn't happen with online statements
You've just broken the law you deviant.

Thankfully the've knocked that on the head now.

Honestly, the banking system here is so clunky and outdated, it's difficult for a foreigner to get their head around. 7 days to clear a cheque!!

Last edited:
to save paper, NO i f***ing dont.... im asked this question nearly every time i log into online banking accounts. every time i click no, as i prefer paper copys. the box needs unchecked to try and catch you out too. how many times do they need told. rant over.
You will eventually conform to whatever they want you to do. Bankers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back