Would you like to change to online statements....

Status
Not open for further replies.

we still get paper gas, leccy and 'phone bills. council tax as well. fucked if i'm giving these companies my bank details.
i'd sooner pay a bit more. and i know they don't like it and want everything done by dd/online but it keeps someone in a job.

It's illegal to open other peoples post
How would you know if you don't look at the address? I just had a pile of mail and opened it all from the back. It was on my doormat - I'd say it's reasonable to assume it's for me, seeing as I'm the only person living here.

I went into a bank over here while researching mortgages. And they still used a small book for people's savings account! :lol:

Nationwide still have books for accounts that you don't want online access to.

FFS. It's the 1980's :lol:

It has it's benefits. My lads have got savings that were built up as they were growing up to help with something adulty - uni costs, first home purchase etc. Would rather it wasn't pissed up the wall in Aiya Napa or something.

They've both put the money in cash ISA's with a passbook and given me the book to look after. That way, if they want to spend it, they have to ask me for the book, travel to the branch and withdraw the cash over the counter. They said it's less tempting to spend it on a whim if they have to go through that hassle to get at the money :D

All my stuff that can be is online only. I look after my dads stuff as he's in a home and I hate sorting through all his shit. There's piles of f***ing letters and stuff of his in my house messing the place up

I get annoyed if anything comes through paper. Why the fuck anyone wouldn't want the convenience of everything being online I don't know.
It's not 1992 you know

Paper is made from softwood which is replanted and fast growing so no big advantage environmentally and helps to maintain jobs in forestry so paper statements are actually a good thing. Companies try to put you on an environmental guilt trip because they want to save on postage costs.
I'm just glad that all of the millions of pounds of savings the banks have made in reduced postage, printing and paper has been passed on to us as customers.

Oh wait.

Online only is a ball ache if you are dealing with someone's estate after they've died.

If you are going to do online only things, make sure you leave a note of the accounts and liabilities you have in a safe manner for those that need to deal with this kind of stuff after you have gone.

This does not mean write down passwords. Never do that.

They will wear you down eventually and you will forget to untick the box.

Then you will try to move to another bank and that bank will say they need proof of a statement from the last 2 months from your existing bank - and won't accept ones you have printed yourself.

They will wear you down eventually and you will forget to untick the box.

Then you will try to move to another bank and that bank will say they need proof of a statement from the last 2 months from your existing bank - and won't accept ones you have printed yourself.
i know, its just a matter of time and they will have me where they want me, with all the other sheep. il try my best to spot the box on login but one day they will have me.....:lol:

Online only is a ball ache if you are dealing with someone's estate after they've died.

If you are going to do online only things, make sure you leave a note of the accounts and liabilities you have in a safe manner for those that need to deal with this kind of stuff after you have gone.

This does not mean write down passwords. Never do that.
had this not long ago when my mam passed.

luckily she had given me the login details so sorting that part of the estate wasnt too bad. i see where problems could arise with no paper trail in the event of a passing away.

Last edited:
We still use cheques over here. I hadn't written one in years before I moved to the US, I still have to write 2 or 3 per week. Mind boggling. The banking system here is a nightmare.

I was shocked when I recently found out that you don't have contactless card payments over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back