Would it have been this bad under Jack Ross?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has but this re-writing of history is a bit annoying. It was utterly rubbish under Ross and this is the team he assembled. Its like saying we should have settled for shit because this is even shitter - no, when we have the highest crowds this division has ever seen we shouldn't settle for the shit Ross was serving up. He failed last year and looked like failing this year. Are people saying we should have kept him and then given him a 3rd year to fail in his target? And if anyone is saying he would have turn it around please give me one solitary sign that he could - we'd been rubbish for 20-25 games and were getting worse under Ross.
Agree. The problem now is we have managed to bring in someone who is even worse and it needs sorting - doubt the owners will do it though as it shows them up to be clueless

In reality the players are the real issue. Yes managers pick the systems etc but watching the game on Tuesday night it's obvious some of the players have put down their tools while others can't handle playing for a big club and are simply not good enough..

Just imagine if Ross was still here.

Shit football.
Results still slipping.
No sign of improvement, in tactics or results.
No faith in us being promoted.

This place would be going absolutely mental and screaming for the board to sack him.

If the answer was to appoint Phil fookin Parkinson then he should never ever have been sacked. However he had still reached the end of his time in my view. He’s just twice the manager this bloke is

Would it fuck!!! The man worked wonders with this shower of shite.
Being fair to him, which a good number of people aren't, he did a reasonable enough with what he was given over the past couple of years. If you recall the state of the club when he took over and the downscaling of the operation that he needed to oversee since he was appointed then it is no wonder that some people see him as being a bit hard done by.

He was a reasonably decent appointment at the time and had we been a club on the up instead of a club on the way down then he could have been a very good appointment. As it was he hasn't been the man to turn things around but that doesn't make him a terrible manager.

Parkinson might well be terrible manager.

It's amazing how people can't seem to realise that just because Manager B is worse than Manager A, it doesn't mean that we should have kept Manager A.

The appointment following the sacking was shite, the sacking was completely the correct decision.

It has but this re-writing of history is a bit annoying. It was utterly rubbish under Ross and this is the team he assembled. Its like saying we should have settled for shit because this is even shitter - no, when we have the highest crowds this division has ever seen we shouldn't settle for the shit Ross was serving up. He failed last year and looked like failing this year. Are people saying we should have kept him and then given him a 3rd year to fail in his target? And if anyone is saying he would have turn it around please give me one solitary sign that he could - we'd been rubbish for 20-25 games and were getting worse under Ross.

There is also the possibility we could have had patience and understanding that as we now know there was at one point zero scouts at the club as Tony Coton was off sick and Ross was left on his own to coach, manage and scout, leading to some disastrous buys.

(Since his sacking the club has announced we have employed various new scouts)

Dont get me wrong, I wanted Ross out as well, based on the theory that the squad was promotable and he was the weak link to promotion. And that still might be true.

But I'm starting to think that he was left high and dry by a board obsessed with saving money and a complete lack of understanding of what is needed on the football side.
Anyway, that's passed and will all come out in the wash down the line.

What is more pertinent now is the fact that whatever the actual qualities of the squad wrt promotion the new manager is getting significantly worse results out of the same players compared to previous manager.

I don't think the tactics would be quite as appalling, he might have scraped a couple of 1 1 draws in amongst it.

Agree. The problem now is we have managed to bring in someone who is even worse and it needs sorting - doubt the owners will do it though as it shows them up to be clueless
I agree - so sacking PP does not guarantee any improvement. We could appoint Phillips and he could be even worse. What if we appointed Phillips and we lose 6 in a row? I feel we have to stick with Parkinson and somehow try to address the weaknesses in the squad e.g.pace and power. Do we trust the owners to make any decent appointments?

:)

To be fair to OP we had 50 points with JR after the same amount of games (24) last season and were in 3rd, which is 12 more points that what we have got atm.

Long way to go but aye the performances have been good last few and rarely did we play this well under JR, just hope we can keep in going.
Nah, f**k that shit, jim.

:)

To be fair to OP we had 50 points with JR after the same amount of games (24) last season and were in 3rd, which is 12 more points that what we have got atm.

Long way to go but aye the performances have been good last few and rarely did we play this well under JR, just hope we can keep in going.
Last season? The one we didn’t go up in?

Hopefully the "we should have kept JR" moaners are quiet now, embarrassing to keep going on and on about JR.
He was to blame for our players and tactics, not working.
No matter how PP did Ross wasn't the answer.
He's gone.

Our players were fat as fuck and not motivated under Ross. I am not claiming Parkinson is a genius, but he is certainly getting more out of this squad than Ross ever did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back