Would it have been this bad under Jack Ross?

Parkinson being shite means we should’ve stuck with Ross who’d had plenty of time to show he wasn’t going to take us anywhere?

Wow, some logic, that.

We simply appointed the wrong manager, we all knew that, the owners didn’t, or couldn’t care less as he was cheap.

Look im not saying he was a good appointment in this situation, far from it. But lets not pretend Ross wasnt a failure. You can also say pp has got more clean sheets than ross this season. Ross suddenly becomes a mourinho style figure just because weve ballsed up his replacement.

Ross set himself the target of promotion in his first season. He failed yes. Had we held on to Maja though, we would have gone up. And then who knows?

Ross was naive and he and the owners also fucked up with the international postponements.
A combination of poor decisions (but ultimately selling maja alone) cost us and the chance has gone.

we are weak as piss. cattermole wasn’t perfect but he epitomised the standards / commitment and fight needed. Take him out and we’re sliding even further.

leadership and balls. Lacking on and off the pitch at safc. The players, the coaches, the scouts, the directors. Every single one of them out of their depth. It’s hard to see a way back from here until they all leave

Nah but wouldn’t have got much better. We’ve been on the slide since Maja went unfortunately

Ross was and will be seen to be , a brilliant coach , who had most of his best players sold out from under him and replaced with inferior ones by Hill and Coton , its blindingly obvious now that he performed miracles getting that squad to a wembley cup final and within 45 mins of promotion.
His sacking will go down in our clubs history as one of the worst decisions ever made.

Parkinson being shite means we should’ve stuck with Ross who’d had plenty of time to show he wasn’t going to take us anywhere?

Wow, some logic, that.

We simply appointed the wrong manager, we all knew that, the owners didn’t, or couldn’t care less as he was cheap.
On this logic should never have sacked Poyet... Without a shadow of doubt that man could have built a squad to be proud of... We just love sacking managers tho
Ross was and will be seen to be , a brilliant coach , who had most of his best players sold out from under him and replaced with inferior ones by Hill and Coton , its blindingly obvious now that he performed miracles getting that squad to a wembley cup final and within 45 mins of promotion.
His sacking will go down in our clubs history as one of the worst decisions ever made.
I hope he is very successful and makes the decision to sack him ludicrous
Yawn... I'll crawl be to me 300k cave
Maybe I over inflated the value of my humble abode tbf

Last edited:
On this logic should never have sacked Poyet... Without a shadow of doubt that man could have built a squad to be proud of... We just love sacking managers tho

it’s late and I’m tired, but I can’t work out the relevance of that. It seems like a non sequitur.

For the record, sacking Poyet was the wrong decision. I don’t know if I say that with the benefit of hindsight or whether I thought he should go at the time - it’s a long time ago, but now the dust has long since settled, it’s looking like a horrendous decision.

I don’t believe Ross would’ve succeeded here, even if the Americans took over. However, I agree about having players sold from under him. That is unacceptable.

Nah but wouldn’t have got much better. We’ve been on the slide since Maja went unfortunately
Couldn't agree more, take a 25/30 goal a season man out of a team and replace him with someone who scoring at about 1/5 of that rate. Also the recruitment has been shocking of the 7 signings this summer not one actually improved the team, 4 of the back 5 tonight were brought in this summer and are even more useless than what they we suppose to replace. If we had kept Maja we'd probably have gone up.
If we continue with the recruitment model we are working to and keep Parkinson we'll get relegated, probaly not this season but likley next

Change has to start at the top unfortunately

As poor as Ross was here I seriously doubt we'd have been heading for a relegation scrap. Every fucker apart from Donald and Methven knew that Parkinson was an utter farce of an appointment.

This

Ross presided over the last three transfer windows which has led us to this position, I don't buy into this "It wasn't his fault" "He had nothing to do with it" crap.
Amazing how people are re-writing history, the football under Ross for pretty much the entirety of 2019 was awful.

Last edited:
F*cking hell man, people need to give this ross sh*te a rest. People forget HE signed these players, HE couldn't get a tune out of them, HE failed to get us up while we still had some premier league/championship quality. HE is largely responsible for this squad....HE was sh*te and takes a large portion of the blame for this!

I don’t subscribe to the Ross would’ve done better but equally I don’t believe for one second the majority of signings were his choice.

Back