Worst team in our history

Status
Not open for further replies.

What else do you expect? We now have a squad full of 3rd division players. The only exception to this is McGeady, who is in the twilight of his career, and could possibly still get in a lower Championship side.

The rest of them have never excelled at a higher level. Even our keeper, who many see as a prized asset, has only played for Burton & Bradford in the EFL.

We have some of the daftest, that's for sure. Being served up this crap week after week, year after year, decade after decade, and yet folk still turn up in their thousands!
That's because our support is fantastic.

I’ve said it for many months now apart from a couple of games we have never turned a team over to the extent that we should be doing. The last time we were in this f***ing division we powered our way out of it played teams off the park. This squad is worse than last season it’s dire dull defensive time and time again, players out of their recognised positions week after week. I was told in July Ross had ten or so games to show that we are on the right track to getting out of this hell hole I hope that’s still on.The majority of managers would have been peddled for not gaining promotion given the squad he was allowed to build.This team is devoid of anything exciting to watch week after week, Ross really hasn’t a clue he’s lost.
Rossy's motto, Why pass the ball forward and lose it when we can pass it back and keep it.

The ones who enable failure by clapping like seals?

I'll clap when i f***ing want to. I'm not beholden to you or any other miserablist fucker. At least i was actually there to do some clapping. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the result, doesn't mean I;m happy with where we are. It does mean I appreciate the efforts of 9 men against 14. You're the kind of "supporter" we'd be better off without.

I'll clap when i f***ing want to. I'm not beholden to you or any other miserablist fucker. At least i was actually there to do some clapping. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the result, doesn't mean I;m happy with where we are. It does mean I appreciate the efforts of 9 men against 14. You're the kind of "supporter" we'd be better off without.
:lol::lol: alright mate. Because I dont go along with what we 'should' think. I'll attend around 35 games this season and will say whatever I want to say on here. I back the lads 100% at the games as people on here will vouch for. If you wanna compete 'levels' of supporter then crack on.

It’s certainly no better than last year. Centre back is the only position we look any better and we have lost 2 capable left backs and our best midfielder.

When the big guns take over, Ross won’t last long. A decent manager should be able to turn our squad into promotion contenders and with some backing in January make improvements to get a top 2 finish.

Players who we can build around -

McLaughlin, Willis, Dobson, McGeady, Maguire.

The rest of them can fuck off.

Power needs bombed out.
Don’t disagree. Board have been woeful this summer and the clappers just lap up whatever SD says BUT Ross has assembled the worst team in our history. They are f***ing stinking.

Both. But it’s Jack Ross that assembled them.

Wrong.
Burnley reserves, they made 10 changes, the first team would have beaten us easily
Big mistake keeping this manager

Burnley reserves. :lol:

Also it wasn’t like we played our strongest side was it?

Don’t rewrite history to suit your agenda.

Last edited:
Agree with the first bit, five players we can build around,if only!

Of course it is. We are in league 1 ffs. Not rocket science. Even if we pumped the league by 20 clear points it would still be the worst.

However, this team is easily good enough to get out of this league. The gaffer? Still not convinced at all

I hated the championship team more though, and a few of the Premier league ones.

Is it not obvious that the team we have in the lowest division we've been in is the worst team? Even if we were 4 points clear at the top it would be the worst because its league one and they're league one players.

5th in the third division last season was the lowest finish in the club's history, i.e going back to our first season in league football in 1890. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that it is the worst ever team, more or less the same team playing now.

second rate footballers stealing a living combined with with a second rate manager doesn't bode well for the football club.

The third tier of English football is the best any of the current set up can expect to play / manage in. laughing stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back