Worst team in our history

Make no mistake. This side is the worst. Worse than last season and worse than championship relegation season. The absolute worst. f***ing Jack Ross man.
I agree and I’m no Jack Ross fan myself, he should have gone in the summer, but given he’s had to get rid of so many players and been given nothing to spend back on their replacements he’s hardly been helped by the board.

I agree and I’m no Jack Ross fan myself, he should have gone in the summer, but given he’s had to get rid of so many players and been given nothing to spend back on their replacements he’s hardly been helped by the board.
Don’t disagree. Board have been woeful this summer and the clappers just lap up whatever SD says BUT Ross has assembled the worst team in our history. They are f***ing stinking.
Are you saying the players aren't good enough, or the manager, or both?
Both. But it’s Jack Ross that assembled them.

It’s difficult to make such claims as the history goes a long way back, beyond your living memory.
Also if you are judging the team as the whole squad then it really needs to be judged over a season.
This lot already have beaten Prem opposition so I reckon they will come out above the team last year overall.
And pound for pound (£) they are way off being worst.

It’s difficult to make such claims as the history goes a long way back, beyond your living memory.
Also if you are judging the team as the whole squad then it really needs to be judged over a season.
This lot already have beaten Prem opposition so I reckon they will come out above the team last year overall.
5th in the third division last season was the lowest finish in the club's history, i.e going back to our first season in league football in 1890. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that it is the worst ever team, more or less the same team playing now.

League positions suggest it is the worst mate - you don’t have to have been alive for the last 130 years to know that
And beating an under strength team in a one off game doesn’t change that

What else do you expect? We now have a squad full of 3rd division players. The only exception to this is McGeady, who is in the twilight of his career, and could possibly still get in a lower Championship side.

The rest of them have never excelled at a higher level. Even our keeper, who many see as a prized asset, has only played for Burton & Bradford in the EFL.
Do we have some of the worst supporters in out history?

We have some of the daftest, that's for sure. Being served up this crap week after week, year after year, decade after decade, and yet folk still turn up in their thousands!

Last edited:
I’ve said it for many months now apart from a couple of games we have never turned a team over to the extent that we should be doing. The last time we were in this f***ing division we powered our way out of it played teams off the park. This squad is worse than last season it’s dire dull defensive time and time again, players out of their recognised positions week after week. I was told in July Ross had ten or so games to show that we are on the right track to getting out of this hell hole I hope that’s still on.The majority of managers would have been peddled for not gaining promotion given the squad he was allowed to build.This team is devoid of anything exciting to watch week after week, Ross really hasn’t a clue he’s lost.

Burnley reserves, they made 10 changes, the first team would have beaten us easily
Big mistake keeping this manager

Last edited:
I’ve said it for many months now apart from a couple of games we have never turned a team over to the extent that we should be doing. The last time we were in this f***ing division we powered our way out of it played teams off the park. This squad is worse than last season it’s dire dull defensive time and time again, players out of their recognised positions week after week. I was told in July Ross had ten or so games to show that we are on the right track to getting out of this hell hole I hope that’s still on.The majority of managers would have been peddled for not gaining promotion given the squad he was allowed to build.This team is devoid of anything exciting to watch week after week, Ross really hasn’t a clue he’s lost.
A very good analysis. Think only I could have bettered it.

Back