Worst team in our history

Looks to me as if the manager has got the fans at each others throats. I think we need someone in who the majority of us can get behind again and start moving forward on our new journey. Does anyone seriously think he has the nous to manage at a higher level.....if not why keep him when he's in the last year of his contract anyway.

Worst level of player, for sure. Chief scout and SD responsible for signings. RJ just asks for players . Ross chose the wrong starting 11 again yesterday, full backs were weak , centre halfs weren't marking their man. Centre midfield was out muscled. Dobson should have started and left back is a problem position with hume absent.

I hated the championship team more though, and a few of the Premier league ones.

Is it not obvious that the team we have in the lowest division we've been in is the worst team? Even if we were 4 points clear at the top it would be the worst because its league one and they're league one players.
If it finishes below 5th then it will be the lowest ranked Sunderland team following on from last season. As for it being the worst, there's only 2 teams in our history that you could make a case for being worse than the current crop. That's the 2 teams that were relegated to the third tier. I don't know why people are so bothered about defending this team when those say it's our worst ever. It's like they are offendes. If it isn't the worst, then its one of them.

If it finishes below 5th then it will be the lowest ranked Sunderland team following on from last season. As for it being the worst, there's only 2 teams in our history that you could make a case for being worse than the current crop. That's the 2 teams that were relegated to the third tier. I don't know why people are so bothered about defending this team when those say it's our worst ever. It's like they are offendes. If it isn't the worst, then its one of them.
Aye, my point isn't to defend it, just to say no shit sherlock to the point in the OP. We're in league one, even if we were top it would be up there with the worst ever teams we've had...... because its a league one team.

Looks to me as if the manager has got the fans at each others throats. I think we need someone in who the majority of us can get behind again and start moving forward on our new journey. Does anyone seriously think he has the nous to manage at a higher level.....if not why keep him when he's in the last year of his contract anyway.

A task to test the combined talents of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Mother Theresa. Whenever whoever comes in, for every enthusiast there'll be a naysayer, and if he doesn't win his first 6 games in charge, the pitchforks will be out again.

Points wise might be the worst but that’s a harsh reflection on the squad IMO . Mind if We keep losing 3-0 I’ll agree 😂

Make no mistake. This side is the worst. Worse than last season and worse than championship relegation season. The absolute worst. f***ing Jack Ross man.
I think this team would beat the Championship dross, but who knows? Not much to choose. What I don’t know these days is the manager’s input into recruitment? If Ross has had a major say in that, then yes, f***ing Jack Ross man. However, this board is also wick with poster telling us he should be doing so much better with the calibre of player at his disposal. I’m confused

Worst level of player, for sure. Chief scout and SD responsible for signings. RJ just asks for players . Ross chose the wrong starting 11 again yesterday, full backs were weak , centre halfs weren't marking their man. Centre midfield was out muscled. Dobson should have started and left back is a problem position with hume absent.
OK , to expand on your post , Hume was injured am lead to believe ,so JR was left with no hand to play regarding FBs, CBs, just my opinion but other than Willis who isn't ours, I don't rate any of our CBs,. Midfield, is Dobson a holding MFer ? I don't think he is so he wouldn't have stiffened MF , other than MsGough for Power , again JR had nothing to play with, am laying the blame for this at the owners door . We haven't ( as far as I am aware anyway ) signed the players he has asked for ( see Madison for example and look what he did to us ), it will all come out if and when JR goes but I think he has been made a scapegoat by the owners who won't spend money when they are in the process of selling the club.

For Christ sake how many onions are in chop sauce as they repeat , repeat , repeat , or rather you do in your repetitive posts . We now get the idea that last year was our worst ever season and Jack Ross is to blame for everything, now try to come up with something that will solve all of our ills . Ideas on a post card to Stewart Donald c/o SOL I'm sure he will be more interested than most readers of the forum are in your thoughts .

It’s difficult to make such claims as the history goes a long way back, beyond your living memory.
Also if you are judging the team as the whole squad then it really needs to be judged over a season.
This lot already have beaten Prem opposition so I reckon they will come out above the team last year overall.
And pound for pound (£) they are way off being worst.

Stop using logic on these people they deserve to wallow in self pity.

It amazes me when I read about negativity towards our support, the incredible turn outs home and away do amaze me in a positive way. I am so proud to be a Mackem when I think of this, the f***ing country has our respect on this matter.To watch, bar a few games abysmal dire unexciting football being dished out for what 5-6 seasons now and maintain this level of support is incredible in this day and age.Some go on about a quiet stadium is it any wonder given what is served up there is only so much you can stomach, give us good skilful players who can run at a defence, slide a quality ball in, shoot at distance and make the keeper work etc and you won’t hear yourself speak during a game.How long Do we put up with this turgid defensive football in the third division for fucks sake.

This place after a defeat is awful like :lol:

You have an image of people sat in their bedrooms taking this all much to seriously, with bottles of pills or alcohol sat next to them ranting to the world about the injustices that Jack Ross rains down on them. Managing brexit is easier than managing Sunderland
Those doubting whether this is the worst tesm we've had in our history,
Last season was the worst, this is now worse again,
With Ross at the helm we will stagnate and stay in this godforsaken league

It’s only our third season at this level so it has to be the the worst, second or third worst team using your logic. What’s the point of your point???

I don’t think it matters who the manager is there will always be those who can’t assess their teams performance without associating it with dismissal of the manager.
In the real world books need balancing, squads need building, consistency needs developing and it takes time. Alternatively we follow the same pathetic model we had under Short which at least fed the lust of the zombies

Last edited:

Back