Worst pain

Aye. When I had it I’d crawl to the bog. Couldn’t even stand. Attempting to sit up felt like I was a sopping wet sponge being squeezed. Water gushing from every pore. There’s flu and there’s having a bug that’s going around……andonce you’ve had flu you know the difference.
bedding stuck to you beacause its soaked in sweat

Shingles on my scalp and neck, would've thanked you for offing me.
Doesn’t sound bad compared to most on here but I had a joint liver and kidney infection. Absolutely knacked, a lot more than when I broke my shoulder.

Most annoying was a cracked rib. Hurt no matter what. Sitting, standing, lying down, coughing, sneezing, walking, eating….constant!
Aye, broke 2 ribs a few years back and every single waking moment (I didn't sleep for days) was f***ing torture. Everything hurt like fuck constantly.

Last edited:
Compound fractures to ulna, radius. 4 fingers ( 1 amputated) 4 metatarsals and normal fractures to all carpal ( wrist) bones on my right side after a motorcycle accident 🙈 14 hours in theatre to save it.

The 3 years of physio 3 times a week was horrendous.

Had cracked ribs before but nothing compared being on holiday in Spain with dehydration without knowing I was dehydrated. The back pain was so bad I thought my eyes were going to pop out. Ended up on a drip in Almeria. Visited the Wild West town there the next day and it felt like a second life!

What I will say is it’s worse when you see somebody you love in pain and you can’t do anything to help. I watched my Nana go downhill over three years with shingles and saw her outgoing personality disintegrate.

Back