Worst pain

Diagnosed with bone cancer in the elbow and humerus last november, guided CT biopsy. Awake through the whole thing, and anesthetic didn't work as the nerve went right through it. Drilled a hole through the joint and I felt everything. Was in there a hour and a half. Lads on here have had worse by the looks of it, but that was it for me.
that sounds rough... hope you're going OK.

Pain is pain, they are all bad, thankfully haven't suffered enough real pain, to be able to comment fully on the subject, and hopefully it stays that way, as I would make a bad patient.

Currently lying here with a 'quincy' (abcess behind the tonsills) and i think this is definately up there with the worst pain i have ever felt.

So what's the worst pain everyone's suffered? Can imagine breaking a leg or something would be rough.
A workmate of mine had it years ago like you he said it was the worst pain he’d ever known.

right pain ( no pun intended ) on upside i take it lose canny bit weight not touching fatty foods etc
I lost about two stone at the turn of the year. I've put a bit back on now as I've got a bit more relaxed about my eating and drinking.

Unusually, I can't see any correlation between what I eat and when I get attacks - although I try not to go daft. No pies or fish and chips or anything like that.

I lost about two stone at the turn of the year. I've put a bit back on now as I've got a bit more relaxed about my eating and drinking.

Unusually, I can't see any correlation between what I eat and when I get attacks - although I try not to go daft. No pies or fish and chips or anything like that.
that's what I cut out amongst other things, was just careful . You have my sympathies , know how much it hurts, best thing ever did having it removed ( over 10 years ago ) no problems since- touchwood

Currently lying here with a 'quincy' (abcess behind the tonsills) and i think this is definately up there with the worst pain i have ever felt.

So what's the worst pain everyone's suffered? Can imagine breaking a leg or something would be rough.
The first 2 weeks after my latest knee op. Having my patella sawed in half and a bone graft put in. First 2 weeks standing up on my crutches never felt nowt like it. Like pins and needles but with machetes and samurai swords Instead.

Touch wood the worst thing I've had is a pilonoidal abscess... Less agonising pain and more a constant low level ache that went on for years before they did owt about it

Sciatica

i'm sat here with what i think is a ruptured achilles. struggling to walk and could barely sleep last night with it. i do have a low pain threshold mind.
just come out of the doctors.
got avery inflamed and swollen achilles. got to sit for a week with my foot up and take some inflammatory tablets. the mrs is in asda now getting them along with some wine gums to ease the pain :)
fair play to the nhs. i first called 111 for advice about 3 and diagnosed now. it's a bit humbling tbh.

Doesn’t sound bad compared to most on here but I had a joint liver and kidney infection. Absolutely knacked, a lot more than when I broke my shoulder.

Most annoying was a cracked rib. Hurt no matter what. Sitting, standing, lying down, coughing, sneezing, walking, eating….constant!

Back